Virus in picture file?

Closed
Kilroy - May 15, 2010 at 03:13 AM
mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 - May 15, 2010 at 03:42 AM
Hello,

I saved a large picure off of a wallpaper site and an "antivirus program" almost immediately started running. I am assuming it was some type of virus so I immediately deleted the picture and then hit ctrl alt del to try and stop any processes from it. However the task mananger wouldn't open and an error message came up from the antivirus program. I immediately killed power to the computer and restarted it. I got the normal screen saying the computer was shut down improperly and I chose start windows normally. The microsoft Corp screen appears an then the screen goes black. This happens normally for 5 to 10 seconds and then loads vista, but now it just stays black. Safe mode works but obviously I would like to get my computer back to normal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Related:

1 response

mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 119
May 15, 2010 at 03:42 AM
Hi
Did you let your anti-virus continue to delete or quarantine the virus before you turned off which you should have done. And I assume you do not know what virus it was.
However you can give this a try, open in safemode with networking
You need to download a malware/spyware program you could try Malwarebytes you can download this for free on this site in downloads section or en.kioskea.net/.../telecharger-105-malwarebytes-anti-malware. When you have downloaded you need to run an update which you will find at the top of the page then run a scan and follow all the instructions. Also run an anti-virus scan. Turn off your computer and start normally