Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Keyboard/cursor keeps moving on it's own!

Mary - Latest answer on May 28, 2010 12:50AM
Hi
I have an HP dv2000. When working on a document or an email or anything I am need to type, my keyboard is driving me CRAZY!! It skips and moves so I end up having to move the cursor back to where it shuooudl be and start typing again!
I can't figurre out why it's doing this, have called HP twice and they can't seem to help.
has anyone had this issue?? It's MADDENING!!
THANK YOU!!
Read more 
Answer
+0
moins plus
Mary,

What operating system are you using just to be clear?

When you are typing have you tried pushing the small button just above your touch pad? Once you press this it should change the light from blue to orange and turn off your touch pad. Even touch these slightly when your typing can have a big effect depending on how you type. Try this when your typing and see if it helps.

The next step if your still having problems would be to reinstall the drivers for the touch pad and keyboard.

Let me know and ill get back to you.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
maybe you have a friend who installed a prank software on your computer. try checking taskmanager processes with ctrl-alt-del if there are anything like prank.exe, ghostkeyboard.exe or similar in your processes. then google that process. if it says in google results that it's a prank program kill the process, then kill you friend.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
try another keyboard, like goodwill, arc, or savers; if no maybe try restoredisks.com
Add comment
This document entitled « keyboard/cursor keeps moving on it's own! » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.