Macro to make upper case lettersto lower.....

Closed
ADIT - May 11, 2010 at 02:11 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - May 11, 2010 at 04:18 PM
Please design a macro that will make the Name copied and pasted in all upper case, for example (KATIE) in the cell A1, when I run the macro I want KATIE to look Katie. Can this be done, please help! Thank you.
Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
May 11, 2010 at 03:22 PM
Where these names are ? Could you please upload a sample file with sample data etc on some shared site like https://authentification.site and post back here the link to allow better understanding of how it is now and how you foresee.
The name is in cell A1:

Someone gave me the this code, this is cool but not enough, it make every word in the workbook to appear 1st letter of the sentence look like this "It Looks Like This"
I dont it to happen like this, i just want to change the name in the cell A1 to change the name from all upper case (KATIE) to Katie.
Please help, thank you

Sub ChangeText_Proper()
Dim cCell As Range
Dim TheRg As Range

On Error Resume Next
Set TheRg = Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2)
If TheRg Is Nothing Then MsgBox "No Text!": Exit Sub
On Error GoTo 0

For Each cCell In TheRg
cCell = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(cCell)
Next
MsgBox "Done!"
End Sub
rizvisa1, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
May 11, 2010 at 03:43 PM
Adit, the issue is that

let say sentence is
my name is adit

How a code can say adit is a name ? You can have First letter capital.
My name is adit

or First letter of each word capital as
My Name Is Adit

The issue is how can a program tell that a particular word is a name and others are not
It doesn't matter whether it is a name or not, I want anything in cell A1 to appear "Katie" when I run macro and not katie/KATIE. Thank you. Please design a macro for me.
May 11, 2010 at 04:18 PM
Could you please upload a sample file with sample data etc on some shared site like https://authentification.site and post back here the link to allow better understanding of how it is now and how you foresee.