My Firefox wont work

Solved/Closed
usbdealz Posts 30 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2009 - Oct 31, 2008 at 03:00 AM
 frustrated dad - Nov 29, 2014 at 09:54 PM
Hello,

My Firefox has let me down since I have last updated it. Thing is it was working perfectly before I decided to update it to have more add-ins. And now nothing works, it tells me that I have to download the latest version of Firefox but I have it already. I hate using IE itâ€(TM)s slow and I cant download properly with that. Thank you for your help.
Related:

46 responses

I am having the same problem too,
i have vista, and after I updated my firefox, it says could not connect to server.

my internet is fine, I browe with IE but it stops working and freezes uo everything.

any solutions??

PLEAASEEEEE HELLPP
im onlyy 13 I need internettt
anytime I try to log into myspace, hotmail or facebook I always get:
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at "......."

IE works fine, but we all know IE is bad.

help???
My flash support to IE,GoogleChrome but it not working in firefox is any solution to this
I had same problem.. but when I used yesterday its still works.. until today i've been reinstalling the program for 2 times its still doesn't work.. now I can only use Safari and IE pls some1 help me solve this problem
its http error.add an ad-on extension about http and https.i resolve that
Hi, I had the same problem using ubuntu: everything work fine but after upgrade firefox can't stablish a connection any more. I solve this following the next steps:

1. Type about:config in the location bar
2. Search for "dns"
3. Change the value of "network.dns.disableIPv6" to "true"

and everything works fine again. Hope this help!
I was in touch with my internet provider and they said that when firefox updated last it reset my ip address and internet proxy.
I know they may seem like a dumb question but how do you do that again??
Hopefully this one will work because I have tried all the other suggestions on the page !
Thank you! Fixed everything. Did not expect it to be that easy.
Kiyoko > kazorek
Apr 23, 2009 at 03:33 PM
Hi, I had th same problem as everyone on the post for firefox... what did you do to correct your problem? It just happened to me yesterday.. I really wanna get it fixed. Thank you so much.
I typed about:config in the location bar and didn't see dns as an option. What now? Please help....
I have had the same problem for a few weeks now. Strange thing is, even with IE only IE7 works. I tried the IE8 beta and that didn't work either. I've also tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome. No luck. All the IM programs work.
I tried the suggestions above - adding Exceptions and setting network.dns.disableIPv6 to true. Neither did anything for me. I also went into regedit and deleted all Mozilla and Firefox entries, then reinstalled FF. Still nothing. I have no clue what to try next.
I actually did a system restore to before the problem, because I was told an microsoft update caused the problem. I set my windows updates to ask me to for permission to install. I gained back firefox and downloaded 3.0.7. My browsers started working again, the updates for Vista seemed to knock out my system
My Firefox 3.0.10 was working perfectly until I installed a vista update. I have uninstalled the firefox 3.0.10 and installed previous version 3.0.6 in vain. it doesn't work. please help.IE is workng fine, but I hate using it as my browser.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Mar 14, 2009 at 03:41 PM
I also have had this issue.
I don't remember how I solved it but I remember it came from the ZonAlarm firewall.
I uninstalled Google desktop and voila - I was able to open firefox again - yippee! I had lost firefox 2 weeks ago, and was forced back to IE hell: errors, slow, closing down - yecch. How did I put up with it for so long?
I have this problem for a while, Internet explorer and firefox suddenly stop working. You can open the browser, but the page won't load...
I have vista sp1, with a wireless internet connection.
The only thing I found to get it back working was to reboot, till today. I just got it a few minutes ago, and I stopped all programs that are running (next to the clock), and it just worked fine.
So it must be one of these programs IMO: avast, zone alarm, ad-aware, windows sidebar, ati catalyst control center.
Next time it happens, i'll find out what program is bugging me...

Greetz.
In my case it is Avast wich is blocking my browsers. I tried firefox, internet explorer an Safari.
I just have to click on "stop by acces protection", wait a minute, and it works again (i can put protection back on and still works).

Greetz.
Hi all, when I try opening mozilla it only displays some black text but I cant do anything with it or close it the normal way.. have tried deleting program file and re instaling several times.. even done a system restore. I am running vista on my laptop and had been working fine for a month until all of a sudden this problem.. any suggestions please because I love mozilla!! thanks so much
I have a problem. :[

Every time I go on myspace with Mozilla, some photos won't show. But you see, people do have photos, but it is replaced with a "NO PHOTO" sign. Hard to explain. But when you go on another laptop or computer, you can see everything is fine, and nothing wrong. And also when I try to play certain songs on the music player, it would play the song, but stop half way. This is really bugging me, and its been happening for over a month now. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME! :[
Firefox won't work even after I uninstall it and reinstall it. A blank page appears. The toolbar with the Firefox logo appears, but a blank page after that. Help!
I'm having the same problem, I have vista, and for the past 6 days or so, Firefox has not been opening. I've been forced to use IE, and it blows! (Almost as bad as Safari) Anyways, I've been trying to run FF in safe mode, tried to uninstall, tried to delete all the folders, plug ins....I feel like I've tried it all. Nothing happens when I try to open it in safe mode, and when I try to delete or uninstall it, it says that it cannot be uninstalled because it is in use. So naturally I check the task manager, and low and behold there are no running applications except the uninstall window. I've tried to restart the computer, and still nothing. I've even tried a system restore...any suggestions?!?! Any help would be awesome! Thx.
Don't know if there are any ubuntu users with this problem, but I too used to have this issue as well. Was able to get it fixed with the info here
Had the same problem. Unable to play videos in Faceboo,. Check your plug ins. Remove 'AdBlock' Seems to prevent new Flash Player from opening. Also, use Adobel Flash player uninstall to remove extra copies. Also empty cache, history, etc. Any other similar pop up blockers should allow Facebook.
My Firefox 3..5.3 was working perfectly until I installed the update. I have uninstalled the firefox 3.5.3 and installed version 3.5.4 . it doesn't work. please help.IE is workng fine, but I hate using it as my browser.
Ive deleted Firefox and all its folders and it works good for a few days.....but I have to do it every so often cause it goes back to the same problem........I cant even get an answer on their website
What happens to me is, I open firefox once I turn my computer on. I close firefox and I play A.V.A and when I exit I can't open firefox again. I just restart my computer and do it again. Same one happens again. So I tried uninstalling it. When I did. I downloaded firefox 3.6 again. I finish downloading. I click "Run". Then this thing comes up. 2 options. This admin thingy and a password. And i.e D/PC idk. For vista. I click that then OK. After nothing happens!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :)
possiblesolution
Feb 19, 2010 at 01:47 AM
Try this:
Re-download mozilla firefox, but don't let it automatically place it where it usually goes. Manually place it somewhere else.

Mine automatically installed in D: Program Files/Mozilla Firefox, and I installed it like 3 times with no sucess.
Once I changed it to C: Program Files/Mozilla Firefox it worked fine. Just try another place for it to go.
I had problem with mozilla like all of you.. My mozilla didn´t work, but my IE worked just like opera..by the way,I have vista..I` ve tried all these things thinking that will solve my problem .. and that didn´t help, until i´ve tried simply to save mozilla to another disk, and that really helped, so thank you for a good advice..:)
Go to

Open IE click Tools
den Internet options
den connection tab
den LAN settings
tick Automatically detect settings
untick automatic configuration settings
den OK
Go to advanced tab
Click Reset
Click Reset
Ok
Close IE all together

AFTER

Uninstall and install firefox agen.

Good Luck
Ignite, I tried exactly what you said, and I also made sure I deleted any extra FF files in my hard drive (found one). Then I ran CCleaner, rebooted my machine, re-installed FF, and I had the same problem: the FF logo appears but there is a blank page, and at the bottom of the page it says "Done". I give up!
P.S. I always install FF via my AOL web browser. Could that be the problem? Should I install it via IE?
In Windows 7 Resource Monitor I saw Firefox taking 500 M memory and a large portion of the CPU. Removed it with the Resource Monitor and could restart immediately. I suspect that something in one of the many open tabs is a resource hog.

I started closing them.