Different crossover cable n straight through

Solved/Closed
nanyu - Oct 30, 2008 at 04:26 PM
 Shahid - Nov 15, 2009 at 02:54 AM
Hello,
I am new comer, thank u so much for any body given me information about this title, I want to know of different crossover cable n straight-through cable, cause I tried to connect 2pc without hup n switch by using crossover cable and straight- through cable but there is no problem, both cabel work properly, so I can't understand why straight-through cable work too in 2pc without hup or swith like crossover cable....??????? thank u for helping.
Related:

12 responses

Hi to all as mentioned above you didn't find any difference between crossover and straight through cable right...
The answer is when your computer have built-in auto-crossover (a.k.a. auto-switching or auto-MDI/MDIX) port that lets a computer connect directly to another computer using a straight-through cable. A crossover cable is also used to connect two hubs (or switches) if both hubs (or switches) don't have uplink ports.

Straight-through cable is used to connect a computer to a hub or a switch. It can also be used to connect two hubs (or switches) if each hub (or switch) has an uplink (i.e. built-in crossover) port.

hope this could help ^_^
hello,

Thank you for ur special and meaning full answer, this answer clear the confusion regarding straight and crosover cable used to connect the PC and it will work on both.

Thanks indeed.
thank u so much for your answer but why....in forum they always suggest to use crossover cable when to connect between 2pc?, because like I tried that straight -strought cable I had used to connect between 2pc and work properly, so my question is, what is different between crossover cable and straight-strought cable? I am not talking about hup, switch and router. I am new in network but I like to try and try and try until I know, Thank u for helping.
Crossover cable allows you to connect two computers together without the use of a hub, router, or switch. That's the point of "crossover"...the cable is pinned differently than a regular CAT5 or LAN cable. This eliminates the use of an external device.

Shane
Now days, LAN card has intellegence, so that both cables can work.

But , Main differnce between straight and cross cable is connectivity between one RJ45(at one end) to second(other end).

This cable (either straight or cross) has total 8 wires (or u can say lines), i.e 4 twisted pairs (4x2=8) with differnt colour codes. Right now just forget about colour codes. It dosen't matter what colour is given to the cable (but there is a standerd).

In straight cable connectivity is like as follows

RJ451 Connected to RJ452

Pin1------------------------------------- Pin1
Pin2------------------------------------- Pin2
Pin3------------------------------------- Pin3
Pin4------------------------------------- Pin4
Pin5------------------------------------- Pin5
Pin6------------------------------------- Pin6
Pin7------------------------------------- Pin7
Pin8------------------------------------- Pin8

In cross cable connectivity is like as follows

RJ451 Connected to RJ452

Pin1------------------------------------- Pin3
Pin2------------------------------------- Pin6
Pin3------------------------------------- Pin1
Pin4------------------------------------- Pin4
Pin5------------------------------------- Pin5
Pin6------------------------------------- Pin2
Pin7------------------------------------- Pin7
Pin8------------------------------------- Pin8

Purpose of this cross cable is RX(reciving terminal) connects to TX(transmitting) of one pc to another PC and Vice versa.

As we use two PCs (same devices), straight cable will connect TX to TX and RX to RX of two computers, so cross cable is required. If you use HUB or switch, then straight cable will work because it has internal arrangemnt like cross cable. So note that use cross cable to connect two simmilar devices.

Now do this(if possible): connect cross cable between swithch and PC and see what happens..!
Shahid > Abhi
Nov 15, 2009 at 02:54 AM
Good JOb,

May you Live Long,

Thanks for Detailed Reply.

Regards

Shahid

Jeddah- Saudi Arabia
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 31, 2008 at 02:48 PM
I have a question here. Now when Cross-over cable is connected between 2 PCs, the signals TX is connected to RX and vice versa.

So when a straight through cable is used and the LAN card has auto detection of the cable, how will it transmit TX to RX & RX to TX?? For example if Pin1 is transmitting TX signal, how does it becomes RX signal on other machine on the same pin ???

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Guys,

The reason why crossover is used is to reduce interference so data could run smoother. That's the reason why the wires are twisted.
Hello,

The straight cable also provide the same thing why did you mention only crosover cable for this purpose.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 30, 2008 at 04:42 PM
Some switches, hubs and routers are able to detect and allow for you not using a crossover cable. Looks like one of your PCs was able to do the same thing.
sorry but I researh the differentiate between crossover and straight through......if u know the answer plz reply me.......tnxxxx
Hello Lawrance,

You didn't reply my last mail. any how as for as ur question concern I got some material on it.

Basically the straight cable connectons are same on both ends means

RJ45 end A RJ45 end B
Pin 1....................................................... Pin 1
Pin 2....................................................... Pin 2
Pin 3....................................................... Pin 3
Pin 4....................................................... Pin 4
Pin 5....................................................... Pin 5
Pin 6....................................................... Pin 6
Pin 7....................................................... Pin 7
Pin 8....................................................... Pin 8

If you wnat to connect two diffrent type of equipment u will use this straight cable.

RJ45 end A RJ45 end B
Pin 1....................................................... Pin 3
Pin 2....................................................... Pin 6
Pin 3....................................................... Pin 1
Pin 4....................................................... Pin 4
Pin 5....................................................... Pin 5
Pin 6....................................................... Pin 2
Pin 7....................................................... Pin 7
Pin 8....................................................... Pin 8

If you want to connect same type of equipment u will use this crosover cable.
This data has been collected from Data Comunicatin Book.
Thanks & Ragards
Hello, nanyu...

actually I also facing the problem like u....
i tried both type of wire and both of them can connect also.
i also don't understand y....
if u know, please share the knowledge with me ha..... hehee...

can I know isn't that u transfer or receive ur data by sharing file at " My Network Place" there???
If not, where u get the data from other pc???
when both pc connected, the icon of Local Area Network will display the connection limited right ?

please replay me ha.....
thankx.
you may go to in control Panel ,then click add & Remove Programmes and click own Windows Components
and then Select the Icon Of Local area Network.................
I am new commer on this site, and insearch of pin to pin connections of RJ 45 connector. All type of cable connection with diagrams are required by me.
pls I am alittle compuse.. I happened to come acros this discussion in google search.. pls if you have to reply, u will do me a favour by send you reply to my box

This is my question......

first. is cross cable use to connect server to a hub...? and do I need to use cross cable of straight cable to connect my other systems to the hub..... so as to enable them, to brows?
Node transmits.
Node recognizes other end is also TX
Node switches its TX & RX
I think the question is simple, however I think some people elaborte too much. The answer is the access line (straight-cable) is used between pc's- pc to pc. And the trunk line (cross-cable) connects switeche to switches and switches to routers. That's all!