Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

DESK TOP WON'T LOAD ICON'S ON START UP [Solved/Closed]

DONTXO - Latest answer on Jul 1, 2010 05:10AM
Hello, Desk top won't load Icon's on start up for Windows XP-HOME ED, NO BOTTOM TOOL BAR ICON'S EITHER, JUST HAS DESK TOP WALL PAPER ONLY. Lots of HD...160 gig, memory RAM 2 gig...HEWLETT PACKARD TOWER. VERY SHORT ON KNOW HOW ON COMPUTERS. This is the wife's computer we are both very Senior's, she said she hit something on START UP but doesn't know what and with my knowledge it's like the blind leading the blind, I am almost dumber than dirt, on computors,...please don't laugh but I do have enough experience to get around the internet. HELP please. Thanks DON
Read more 
Answer
+86
moins plus
Hello,

Please ladies and gentlemen, here is a proven solution to regain the icons without going to the repair shop:

Please follow these steps:

reboot your computer in the Safe mode with command prompt.

Once Windows loaded, command prompt (black window) opens. Type notepad and press Enter.

A notepad window opens. Type the following text into notepad:

[Version]
Signature="$Chicago$"
Provider=Myantispyware.com

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=regsec

[regsec]
HKCU, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System,DisableRegistryTools,0x00000020,0
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon,Shell,0x00000020,"Explorer.exe"

Save this as fix.inf to your Desktop (remember to select Save as file type: All files in Notepad). Close Notepad.

In the command prompt type Explorer.exe and Press Enter. Windows Explorer opens. Locate the fix.inf, click right button and select Install. Close Windows Explorer.

In the command prompt type shutdown -r and press Enter. Your computer will be rebooted.

Your sincerely

Judi- Jun 14, 2010 10:36PM
This didn't work for me I am sorry to say.
Answer
+60
moins plus
Well u may Try Ctrl+alt+del and go to processors and then go new and type: Explorer.exe

lala ^BaByGuN_ - Feb 12, 2010 05:56PM
umm how do u format hard disk???/
asd- Feb 25, 2010 06:35AM
have u tried
Ctrl+Alt+Del
and in appkcations tab,New task.... and typing desktop
logan- Mar 29, 2010 07:35PM
i did the Ctrl +Alt+ Del and it showed up but now i try to drag and drop and it says "cannot move (folder): The destination folder is the same as the source folder" but i am trying to drag and drop it onto my desktop! Please help me!
doffen- May 21, 2010 06:45PM
Everybody listen! If your desktop icons don't load, do this.
1. hit ctrl, alt, delete
2.Find the process -rundll32.exe- and end it.
Your icons and stuff should load.
Shaw- Jun 30, 2010 08:12PM
Hi i have same problem i dont have start up & icons in my desktop.i tried hit the F8 & other ways That i had read from other users that had same problem i have right now.
The only working in my p/c right now are ALT+CTRL+DEL i also tried find the -rundlle32.exe but it wasn't here. Is there anything file i need to end it in my processer under task manager?
I have window xp.....to anyone will help me thank u already, ill will do try what ever u think can help my p/c..
Answer
+13
moins plus
I click CTRL+ALT+DELETE
but it says "task manager disabled"
or something D:

Answer
+11
moins plus
hi there,
i have the same problem but with a window vista. i was woundering if you could please help me.
I tied typing in explorer.exe but stil the same blue wallpaper comes up.

chapster- Jun 4, 2010 02:28PM
well i can tell you one thing. i am a computer software engineer for dell and hp. just go to google and download sp3. everything should work after
Answer
+11
moins plus
Hi there,

I have got a concrete solution to your problem, i'll keep the solution short but effective.

The reason you can't see your desktop items is because your computer is infected by virus, so how we do solve this.

1. Once you get to the stack point from your keyboard press Alt+Ctrl+Delete
2. Click on File Menu and click on NEW TASK RUN and type explorer.exe and hit enter ( this task will able you to log into your computer to remove the viruses.)
3. Install orginal yet updated anti-virus, scan for your viruses and your anti virus should be able to find lots of them.
4. Restart the computer and log in normally as you do so.
5. DONE

You don't have to replace the explorer.exe files as it was explained by other guys. Let me know you couldn't fix this.

Answer
+9
moins plus
hello sir!
i had exactly same problem , at that time i thought my xp window disk didnt have some files but i was absolutely wrong. i thought that an antivirus is just to delete the window system files so i always avoid to keep it.
first of all i install xp(sp-2) without any derivers then antivirus and update it : find lots of viruses in my pc witch blocks window explorer files..... so now in these days my pc running smooyhly.... hope u understand.... if this is wrong then email me..... thanks

Answer
+8
moins plus
Hi,
To Run explorer
1) Press Ctrl + Alt + Del , task manager will appear
2) Click Applications' tab on the top , then click the " New Task " beside the " Switch To " on the bottom
3) type " explorer.exe " and click OK

Explorer.exe will appear

Thanks in advance.

Shaw- Jun 30, 2010 08:27PM
I did exactly u wrote down in here but it didn't work. it always say after i hit OK
Windows cannot find 'explorer.exe' make sure you typed the correctly name, & then try again
To search for a file, click the start button & then clisck search....But i don't have a start up in my desktop & all my icons are gone also. i have window xp
Ambucias 18997Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus March 6, 2015Last seen - Jul 1, 2010 05:10AM
Hello Shaw,

The instructions in this link will guide you to restore your icons and taskbar.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-24492-taskbar-and-icons-disappearing-on-xp?page=2
Answer
+5
moins plus
Since I couldn't get connected to Team Viewer again I tryed to get my desktop icons back myself and I won. I right clicked on desktop and go to arrange icons at the botton click on show icons, and it worked for me. Hope this will help someone else.

Answer
+4
moins plus
get this,, i tried restore 3 times, and still nothing, wouldn't load past just the image.. but as soon as i ctrl alt delete & have task manager shut down windows, EVERYTHING loads & then shuts down windows lol.

Went to work, 5 hrs late I get home, and its bloody well working..
NOTHING was donw while i was gone... and it works.. not a single issue..
its down right ridiculous

Answer
+1
moins plus
just press ctrl-alt-delete
click new task tab
type in desktop
press enter
desktop will appear

This document entitled « DESK TOP WON'T LOAD ICON'S ON START UP » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.