FireFox help

Solved/Closed
JudySis - Feb 7, 2008 at 07:22 AM
 Adri - Jul 22, 2010 at 04:12 AM
Hello,

Everytime I try to start Firefox and get browsing the Internet it always gives me the following message:
Quote:
“The connection has timed out

The server at en-us.start2.mozilla.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.”
It's been doing it for every site I try to get to on with Firefox. I also use Opera and IE and they both work fine but I can’t get anything with Firefox…

Any idea why this would happen?

Regards,
Related:

29 responses

Thanks, it solved my problem.
Just uninstall 3.6 go to this website https://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php download version 3.5.8 or 3.5.7 and wait until firefox 3.6.1
hi im jessie. It tells you that because it times the site and your time has ran out.
help me set up to let fire fox play pogo.com

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i have been having Bad Problems with Firefox keep timeing out Etc etc Just liek you Guys I Did these setting and it has worked ever since NO MORE TIME OUTS on windows XP/Vista/Win 7 !!
STEP 1 > Tools >Options >Advanced Tab > Network > Settings > Make sure That Use system Proxy Settings Is Clicked

STEP 2 > Tools >Options >Advanced Tab > Network > Make sure That Offline storage is set to 1mb Cache

Then that will fix all time out !!! :) Happy surffing
The connection has timed out
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.onnection.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

The server at www.irctc.co.in is taking too long to respond.
Hi!
Are you using FoxyProxy or some other Proxy software with this? I just loaded Firefox up and it runs fine for me. Also are you running the latest version?
thanks for the help random_user..
I had this "address not found" a lot and the retry would always get the page. I increased the memory for cache and have not had it so far today.

Try Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab. How much memory do you have set for cache? Mine was set to 50 MB when I was getting the "address not found". I doubled it and have not had the problem today.

BTW, I have many tabs open most of the time and that may be related. If you have 30 tabs open as I do then more memory for cache would make sense.