Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

FireFox help [Solved]

JudySis - Latest answer on Jul 22, 2010 04:12AM
Hello,
Everytime I try to start Firefox and get browsing the Internet it always gives me the following message:
Quote:
“The connection has timed out
The server at en-us.start2.mozilla.com is taking too long to respond.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.”
It's been doing it for every site I try to get to on with Firefox. I also use Opera and IE and they both work fine but I can’t get anything with Firefox…
Any idea why this would happen?
Regards,
Read more 
Answer
+25
moins plus
Hello,

I assume you are using Windows and a recent version of Firefox.

Check the settings in Tools - Options - Advanced - Network - Parameters...

is Direct Internet connection selected?

Dal
alif- Nov 12, 2009 05:05AM
hope you help me.

i cant search some website.

The connection has timed out

The server at syok.org is taking too long to respond.

moments.

connection.

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

i already follow you step. click tool , option,advanced,network.. and where is parameters..i cant see parameters.. im use latest firefox.
luis da weid kid- Feb 1, 2010 01:20AM
dude help me after network im lost
(i cant sign in youtube it says unavailbla... google probs.)
cretemaniam- Mar 18, 2010 02:14AM
I am having similar to worse probs . I recently "upgraded" to FF 3.6 and have windows Vista HP . I followed these instructions and got as far as Network , but no where do I see "parameters" Another problem I am having is , firefox repeatedly refusing to open and a window will appear and say that FF is already running but I need to close and restart it and I do so and it just keeps saying the same thing ! thanks for any help ! cretemaniam
cretemaniam answer- Apr 12, 2010 09:54PM
all you have to do is press Ctrl + Shift + Esc or anyways you can open windows task manager, once you've done that go to processes and look for firefox unless it already shows in Applications. And look for firefox.exe and press End process.
lauren- Jun 20, 2010 12:01PM
fire fox wont let me access a website
Add comment
Answer
+15
moins plus
Hi guys im also having the problem with firefox I can load google and search things on there but when it comes to loading the page i want if wont load also it will go to the login for yahoo mail but wont load the page to read my emails i have read so many things and no luck can it be somthing is wrong with my computer? There is no virus or pop ups nothing the computer runs fine. Please someone help me i have online classes to finish
Add comment
Answer
+8
moins plus
Thanks a lot for the fix,..

extend the time limit:
# Type about:config in the address bar and press enter.
# Scroll down until you see dom.max_script_run_time
# Double click it and type in 30 seconds (the default is 10 seconds)
# Restart Firefox

this really works,..
CJ Advincula- Jan 24, 2009 06:29AM
Random_user's guide helped me too, thanks a lot :)
gymnastlc319- Apr 17, 2010 01:30PM
did not work
El- Apr 21, 2010 07:25AM
my facebook page doesn't open, when i enter my e-mail addres and pasword it says: Problem loading page

The connection has timed out

The server at www.facebook.com is taking too long to respond.

# The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

# If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

# If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

Try again......

please help me to solve this probleb
thanks
Add comment
Answer
+6
moins plus
I had Firefox in the 2.0.0.1.5 version, and in the past few days it has gotten very slow, eventually not responding at all.
I downloaded 3.0 today and I just keep getting the timed out message.

I have a MAC Book Pro, 10.4 (Tiger).

Thanks, J-Miz
Add comment
Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi!
Are you using FoxyProxy or some other Proxy software with this? I just loaded Firefox up and it runs fine for me. Also are you running the latest version?
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
please help me, I can't go to some websites, and it is there is a message 'the connection has reset'
How could I fix that?
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
Same problem here, Here's my Solution:

Launch firefox and when you get the Network Timed out Message:

Tools>Options>Advanced Tab>Settings>Tick Auto-detect Proxy settings>Press Ok and Refresh Page.
01- Apr 29, 2010 01:57PM
did not work..
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com.

moments.
connection.
matn144- Jun 24, 2010 08:41AM
Worked Perfect for me!!!! Thanks for posting!!
C.- Jun 26, 2010 12:55PM
thanks
for me it did work
you're my life safer (:
p- Jun 29, 2010 05:48AM
i followed your instruction but it didn't work... :(
ocg23- Jul 1, 2010 06:49AM
this is wot mine keeps on sayin
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
I think u need to take a hike b'cause my firefox is just fine. u need a nue pc . BOOOOOO!!!!!!
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
may be its a problem connection or something else.. check your network
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
I had Firefox in the 2.0.0.1.5 version, and in the past few days it has gotten very slow, eventually not responding at all.

Thanks, J-Miz
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus

Thanks, J-Miz
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
extend the time limit:
# Type about:config in the address bar and press enter.
# Scroll down until you see dom.max_script_run_time
# Double click it and type in 30 seconds (the default is 10 seconds)
# Restart Firefox

let me no it should work
rutro- Jan 22, 2009 09:09AM
Running vista with FF 3.0.5 I get this message and the web page won't populate

Firefox can't find the server at www.flickr.com.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
I followed your advise...nothin! I still am unable to connect to the web with this browser. I have 3.0 installed but no go!
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
I have tried all the suggestions posted here and im not having any luck...it lets me browse sites but not yahoo mail or get messenger to load or facebook...i even changed towers...im using a cable/dsl modem could they have it blocked?
Adri- Jul 22, 2010 04:12AM
same here! it will let me access google and use this forum but i can't login to ANYTHING!
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
Has anyone had anymore luck with this?

I'm having the same problem. Pages not lading up at first, but after hitting 'try again' a few times, then the page will finally load up. My yahoo email page doesn't load up properly, and neither does some other websites like youtube - it takes a lot of refreshing the page to get them to load up properly.

Other than that - I can still use spotify, download etc etc - it's just browsing that seems to be the problem.

Firstly I thought it was AVG, so I uninstalled that. I even tried running the computer without any protection just to make sure - no change. I have Comodo installed along with Avira and there's still no difference. I've tried reinstalling firefox also, ran my anti-virus etc etc spybot - all that loads of times. I've tried every suggestion in this forum as i've been googling it for a week now so i'm not writing this post before checking anything.

My head is melted.

PLease please... ;)
Slayer- Aug 13, 2009 11:33PM
Ive got the same problem and have had it for a while. I can use Very few websites and it says failed to connect for most. the only search engine i can use is AOL.
Momo- Oct 7, 2009 04:58AM
For people those who have problems with yahoo mail please do this:
click on "tools>options>network>settings"
In settings configure: Manual proxy configuration (http Proxy and Port)
The last step will be to enable "Use this proxy server for all protocols"
For any queue let me know.
I solve my problem now but it took me 2 days before.
Good luck
tanya- Oct 24, 2009 04:48AM
hey i hv d same problem..... m not able to chek my mails in yahoomail.com. n my laptop is linux one that too fedora... dere is an option of tools... but dere is no option of advance or internet optoin over dere......... where shud i go????????/ remeber m using linux--fedora software.......

tanya.......
bruce Momo - Dec 4, 2009 09:18AM
Thanks man, that solved it for me!
almostpulledmyhairout!- Dec 10, 2009 01:45AM
None of the previous suggestions worked for me, BUT I DID FIGURE OUT A NEW SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM :D
I'm using a black MacBook with OSx 10.5.8 and my Safari worked fine but I couldn't get a connection with: Limewire, YahooMessenger, Firefox or get "software updates".

How I fixed it:

I changed the default website for my Firefox's homepage.
it was http://www.google.com
I changed it to www.yahoo.com
after that, I quit out of the program and when I reopened it, all the other applications were back to normal!
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
I'm sooo happy, i tried all the above and none of them worked, thanks to you guys i went to tools, options, network, settings, USE SYSTEM'S PROXY SETTINGS. Thanks for your help. I am a bad luck guy. I love technology but it stuffs up sometimes like a month ago my DGN2000 WIreless n router wouldn't connect to the internet. It took me 2 hrs to fix it. Call netgear, and iprimus. TUrned out that it was a misconfig of way to connect. I live in aus. Netgear says PPOE but iprimus says PPATM so ATM worked.
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
I have a similar problem on my mac. I had to change my network settings set my computer to use a proxy server to get onto the web at one hotel. Since I have done this (in the hotel everything worked fine) firefox cannot open any other pages apart from https (secure pages) any more, despite the fact that I have removed the proxy server settings (I think I have), removed the network I used at the time and reinstalled firefox twice. Safari on the other hand has absolutely no problem, which surprises me, as I made the changes to the over all network settings and not to firefox settings....
Any ideas?
flee- Sep 15, 2008 12:46AM
Hey I actually found the problem i scanned the computer with a different spy ware and it had a couple hidden viruses. I should of known lol but it worked after i got rid of them. Thank you all for the replies.
godsman- Oct 17, 2008 04:39AM
Hey Flee what spy removal did you use? I know this problem is a virus. could you post the reply on the blog i cant get into my e-mail or any other swecure sites. out of own at a hotel AHHHHHHHH

thanks

godsman
deb flee - Nov 25, 2008 07:40PM
what spyware did you use to remove the viruses, I have the same problem
cretemaniam- Mar 18, 2010 05:48PM
YEAH , WHAT SPYWARE DID YOU USE TO GET RID OF A VIRUS
guy- Jul 1, 2010 02:35PM
i just installed firefox...it says prob loading page help
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
I have had this problem for months. My Myspace isnt working and im dying. Ive tried everything. I feel like im literly going to die. Please help me Please!
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
Folks,

If any of you have the same problem as I had, it could be that Vista was having difficulties with Zone Alarm. That's what my problem was, so I switched to Comodo and my problems ceased instantly.

This was where I got my answer from...:

http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/showthread.php?t=151238

Hope that helps,
Jamesy.
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
Before i use firefox.i can see some website.after i use firefox..i cant..

after Check the settings in Tools - Options - Advanced - Network - ... i cant see Parameters...where is button for clickr parameters
cretemaniam- Mar 18, 2010 05:45PM
you cant see parameters because it isnt there ....everyone has said that ! Whoever said find para...is in a different version or .....something
Davo- May 20, 2010 02:50PM
i have the same prob... I live in Aus... i have the latest firefox 3.6.3 with windows Vista HP on my laptop... firefox has always been my favourite browser... always the fastest and quickest for loading or reloading web pages but since i have upgraded to the new one... it has been dramatically slow!!!! i have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the good earlier versions but nothing is working for me... they are all very slow and not giving me the same performance that im use to from firefox... nowhere near as quick at loading or reloading web pages... i study in html php/mysql and currently have a few online text based games running and i need my internet to be as fast as possible!! Lol... i have tryed Opera and Chrome but they arent as good as firefox when its slow Opera is not bad but not as quick.... and i dont see why everyone likes Chrome?? lol slow as shit for me... please i need someone to help me with this problem i have had quite awhile now... need a solution for firefox?? cheers
Add comment
1 2 Next
This document entitled « FireFox help » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.