Restore Toshiba Satellite A205- S5000

Closed
angel21cma Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 16, 2010 - Apr 16, 2010 at 04:23 PM
 col - Oct 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Toshiba Satellite A205- S5000

I have this laptop model that wont let me boot up normally on Vista.
I have been working on it in SAFE MODE, I have saved all my info in order to just restore it to "out of the box" settings and defaults.

My first screen when I turn the comp off thru the power button then turn it on again is:
Windows Error Recover
with options of:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking (in which is what im using)
Safe mode with comand prompt
Start Windows Normally ( in which seems like its tryint to go thru, but stays on a black screen),,...

I have tried F12 Gives me the BOOT MENU with choices of
Built in HDD1 Hitachi; HTS542512K9SA00 (S1)
CD/DVD Matshitadvd- ramuj-850S (PM)
LAN
<Enter Setup>

once I chose Built in... I get the menu for: System Recovery Options with choices of:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
TOSHIBA Recovery Wizard
.... Startup Repair my comp stays on a black screen
.... System Restore gives me only 2 restore points 4/5/2010 in which neither help because I still have the same problem on not being able to log in Normally.
.... Windows Complete PC Restore requires a CD to be put it.. so I have to cancel that
.... Memory Diagnostic comes all Good.
.... TOSHIBA Recovery Wizard goes thru restore points, in which only 2 are done... no help

Also have tried F8:
Advance Boot Options
-Repair Your computer (tried it dead end.. black screen)
-Safe MOde
-Safe Mode with Networking
-Safe Mode with Command Prompt

-Enable Boot loggin- black screen
-Enable low-resolution video (640x 480)
-Last Known Good Configuration .. gives me a blue screen
-Directory Services Restore Mode- gave a message of "Cannot deternine fily system.... and that memory was clean.. then booted in SAFE MODE and had a message on the desktop of "System Restored successfull; restored to 4/5/2010 5:18 PM"... I restarted computer after that and laptop wont load up normally.
-Debugging Mode.. screen went black
-Disable automatic restart on system failure
-Disable driver signature enforcement
-Start windows normally.

Can you please help me!!!.. I WANT TO RESTORE THIS LAPTOP TO ORIGINAL "OUT OF THE BOX" ...

Thank you!!!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 17, 2010 at 04:33 AM
Dear Sir,

Please have the instructions for completing the task and getting free of the problem from the below Kioskea FAQ article.

https://ccm.net/faq/4811-restore-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings

Thank you.
I have the same laptop and get the same thing. Holding zero at start up doesn't work either. any other ideas?
i have the same laptop as well, and holding the zero key at start up doesn't work for me either
hold down f1 till the menu comes up and try disable drivr signature enforement