Ask a question Report

My Computer Shut down automatically [Solved/Closed]

Harini - Latest answer on Dec 25, 2012 12:06PM
Hello,
I have my PC with Configuration
Processor : p4
Motherboard : Intel
Ram 256MB
Whenever i Switch On or Power ON my Computer, It boots and Displays Intel Pentium 4 (as usual) and after 2/3 minutes it automatically shut down and again when i starts or Power on my PC, it starts and shut down automatically after 2/3 minutes.
Please tell me what may be the problem and how to rectify it
Regards
Harini
Read more 
Answer
+170
moins plus
A lot of people here concerned about CPU temperature yes they DO get hot! VERY hot and that's normal. Many people also worried about power supplies. Yes, a faulty PS can cause problems but you can check the voltages by going into the system parameters during start up. Some people here seem to have almost rebuilt their computer to solve this shut-down problem! However, it has happened to me a number of times lately and here was my cause and my solutions:
POSSIBLE CAUSE: I was running Advanced System Care, which apparently runs in the background and continuously scrubs the registry for junk files. SOLUTION: I figured it may be screwing up the registry by doing this constantly so I shut down the "automated care" function (just on speculation), effectively shutting down the ASC software. SUSPECTED CAUSE: Lots of junk files and bits and pieces left over from normal use, that is, odd links and rubbish left behind when deleting files and moving things around. SOLUTION: I ran CCleaner to clean up these junk files. My system shut down again this morning and I ran this cleaner utility and it found and deleted 55.3 Megabytes of junk files from the registry. That's a LOT of junk and rubbish that isn't needed and it screws up the registry. CCleaner is a free download Google for it. I also sometimes use Registry Mechanic which does the same thing but it is a little more thorough. Not free though, but you can download a trial version with limited capabilities and if you are game enough to browse the pirate software ("warez" or "crackz") websites you will usually find a registration code to fully enable the trial copy. I say "game enough" to browse them only because some of them can give you spyware or worse. Just do a thorough virus scan afterwards, just in case. But most of them, even if they are pirate software websites, are clean and reliable. You could also Google for Hijack This!, run it and follow the instructions to have the results assessed on-line. It will detect viruses and other things that shouldn't be on your computer. Many things can cause a shut down yes, power supply, viruses, RAM, etc., but in my case (and it often happens) it was no more than simply junk files and rubbish screwing up the registry and needing to be cleaned out. The registry does get clogged up over time which will slow down your computer, and giving it a good clean out should improve performance. It might just solve the problem for some people here. Good luck!

Sandeep- Oct 25, 2012 08:02AM
Wonderful!
ranga- Nov 17, 2012 09:28AM
good suggestion thank you. i will try.
Answer
+63
moins plus
remove your ram and clean the dust in slots and clean the ram and insert may it works properly

Answer
+56
moins plus
check you processor temperature, power supply, maybe RAM, but my guess is overheating of processor

hope this is helpfull

lilbone nik - Mar 8, 2010 03:43PM
hi please my computer shutdown automatically after one hour and restart itself. windows cant start in safe mode to repair please help me. i dont know if is the WAT i used to activate windows7
heho nik - Mar 15, 2010 07:20AM
hello,

my computer shut down automatically--This is within a second.

Regards,

Heho
nik- Feb 19, 2009 12:59AM
how to remove ust scandal virus or what is the best free anti-virus to remove it?

please reply.....
millan- Nov 23, 2009 12:35PM
If your computer shuts down randomly, and when you restart it shuts down even faster, then your processor is overheating and it's shutting down to prevent damage. Solution: clean all the dust inside, make sure all fans are working, and if possible get new thermal compound for your processor.
abhisekh- Nov 26, 2009 02:55AM
ya i had the same problem too...well no 1 could fix my computer...atlast i changed the motherboad...i think the problem was my harddisk crash n i think my motherboard also had problem....dont waste ur money on ram or changin new harddisk ...i think its better if u change ur motherboard....
Answer
+30
moins plus
Than you all for this very helpful thread. My laptop (Dell lattitude D630) was starting to act up like for the last few months and it was still quite ok. It would shut down only sporadically, but for the last three days it wont stay on for more than 10 - 15 minutes and I was going nuts about it. It is my work computer.
After researching in the internet, I cleaned the fan, opened it up and cleaned it well with a canned air, but nothing was able to help. This morning I came across this thread and after going through it, I did few things which seem to fix the problem (hopefully!!).
First, I removed the RAM and cleaned it and put it back. Then I installed CC Cleaner and cleaned the registry and unwated files etc, few gigs in total and finally I upgraded my windows xp and the laptop seems ot be working for few hours now without shutting it down. Hopefully I fixed the problem and hope this information help others in need.

Answer
+26
moins plus
Open your ram & cline it & reinsert it. Properly it is happening for loose connection

Answer
+18
moins plus
hi
harini
your system problem is smps its means swith mode power supply
than its chang after the chang no shoutdown
ok
bye

Metrey- Jan 7, 2009 10:06PM
Hi!

Thanks for your help. I did not understand yet how to solve this problem?

This power supply doesn't work anymore? I have to change the new one? Or is there any solution to fix it?

Thanks again so much!
issy15- Feb 14, 2009 11:59PM
Get an new poewr supply unit with a higher voltage rating.
Salanabunga- Mar 23, 2010 06:45PM
just but a new computer.. god u people. cant afford it?
Theguywhodoesntlikeyou- May 28, 2011 08:43AM
Not everyone can afford to blow money on computers dumbass
Answer
+17
moins plus
its not sometime.....its the problem for about a year......is there any solution for it..i have installed many OS including.XP,Vista,Windows 7...but of no use.......

Answer
+13
moins plus
it might be problem of your power supply please change the location or check the power supply where u hv attached ur PC

Answer
+12
moins plus
try to start your computer in Safe Mode. There is a possiblitly that you will by pass the problem long enough to fix it.

Answer
+7
moins plus
Mine was bran new when shuting down after half hr playing top games,theres a manual button for a fan on the sif ov the case so I switched the fan off and it plays perfect now,hope this helps

This document entitled « My Computer Shut down automatically » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.