How to recover lost/missing system tray icon?

Solved/Closed
bickoo - Updated on Jun 8, 2017 at 05:34 AM
 guest - Sep 30, 2019 at 10:53 AM
Hello,pals!
here's the situation, after having installed nero 8, when I restarted my system, I found some of my system tray icons had gone missing. I dont know what went wrong coz the installation had been successful & its been running fine. is there anyone who can help me get my icons back Pleeeeeeeeeeez!
Related:

5 responses

• 1. Back up the Registry by creating a restore point.
  • 2. Go to Start > Run (or Windows-key + R), type in
    regedit
    and hit OK.
  • 3. Navigate to the key
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify
  • 4. Delete the values named
    IconStreams
    and
    PastIconsStream
  • 5. Open up the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), go to the Processes tab, select explorer.exe and click End Process.
  • 6. Open the Applications tab and click New Task at the bottom-right of the window.
  • 7. In the message box that pops up type in explorer.exe and hit OK.
  • 8. Explorer.exe will reload, and the missing icons should now be back in the system-tray where they belong.
  • 9. Then if the volume bar isn't there, go to taskbar properties (where the volume was gray) and simply tick the box.

This should work, did for me!
Thank you geeks of internet land!! You guys rock! The explorer.exe worked perfectly!
Yeah removing items from the reg and restarting explorer.exe worked when nothing else would thx. :)