Restore factory settings

Solved/Closed
danielle :) - Oct 17, 2008 at 04:25 PM
 chickenjones44 - Jan 27, 2013 at 04:00 PM
Hello, I have a compaq laptop/notbook with windows vista home premium installedon it. Does anyone know how I can restore my laptop to factory settings so it will be the same as when I 1st bought it?

Any help would be great

Thankies
Related:

50 responses

Hi I bought my new latop Dell inspiron 1525 using os vista in October and would like to restore it to it's origional factory settings, however I have been unable to do this as I have been told a number of different actions to try by PC performance and none of them work: First I was told to press f8 on a reboot then select repair my computer so I pressed f8 and there was no option to repair my computer; Second I was told to restart and press f12 insert a blank dvd and boot using cd/dvd which would create a boot disc which in turn would restore to factory settings, after choosing boot from cd/dvd my laptop just restarts as normal without creating a boot disc; I was then told to burn recovery (which was on a small drive D:) to disc first then boot from cd/dvd which has no effect again windows starts normally.........so being nosey I had a look around this recovery file and found a setup icon that said factory restore when I clicked on it, I got the message ERROR: the factory image could not be found please reinstall using the operating system media dvd.

any help on this would be fantasic as I am now at my wits end.
chickenjones44
Jan 27, 2013 at 04:00 PM
have you tried pressing f9 that worked for me