Ares won't connect can you help me

Solved/Closed
Shy-Money - Updated on Jan 9, 2019 at 02:25 PM
 Grateful - Aug 4, 2019 at 06:55 AM
Hello, I have Ares 2.0.8,3029 and it won't connect. It keeps on saying "connecting" for hours. But does not connect! I don't know what to do! I want to connect my internet so I can download music online. Can you please help me?

System Configuration: Windows XP Safari 525.21

64 responses

i just dowloaded version 2.1.5.3039 (its free) and saved it as ares2 through the installation process. did not uninstall the old version (2.0.8,3029 ). and after I set it up it just overwrote my old version and I was online again downloading songs .... if it dosent say online and you still get music popping up when you search and it says connecting then that dosent matter .... I found in the past yrs it eventually stops saying online but still works fine as long as the searches work and your downloading music.
mazmadi07 Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2010
Jun 4, 2010 at 07:17 AM
hi guy, if you using windows xp, try to download ares 2.1.5.3039.its work to my pc...but if you got the older versions pls uninstalled that version first..try it..hopes it works!
My ares is not seeking anything I can help
Try checking your antivirus program. Mine is Avast Antivirus and when I checked "Real-Time Shields" category, there is a P2P Shield. I disabled the shield and Ares connected!!! You should give it a try.