Remote desktop connection won't work

Solved/Closed
someone - Oct 12, 2008 at 07:30 AM
 Harsh Vyas - Oct 26, 2017 at 04:35 AM
Hello,i'm trying to connect to my other computer by remote desktop connection from my laptop. my other computer has windows xp media center addition and my laptop has windows vista home basic addition.i can view my other computer's shared files by typing "\\(and the comutername)" on to the adress bar thing. so I definatly have a network. but if I type computer name on remote desktop connection it won't work! help please!
:(
Related:

29 responses

You need to right click my computer go to properties, go to remote tab, enable remote connections on both machines. I was told that you can use Home version to connect to Business/Pro versions, but you can't connect Home version to Home version. Windows Vista Home/Home Premium, Media Edition, Windows XP Home, are all considered Home versions. I haven't tried it, but that makes sense. Home version isn't really designed for network use.
owwwwwww =[ - but windows xp does have remote desktop =[, thanks for the help anyway =]
Jim > someone
Dec 23, 2008 at 01:38 PM
I'm having exactly the same issue. Did you ever resolve your problem. I have 10 workstation and I can RDP to 9 of them but the 10th shows your issue.

Thanks.

Jim
im a pc!! pc's rule!!
"When I try to connect to my server, it just says "The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication, which your computer does not have." I have windows? XP" everywhere
Thanks a lot for this solution