SATA drivers

Solved/Closed
sambo - Oct 9, 2008 at 02:19 PM
 Jaywhy - Jul 14, 2010 at 02:59 PM
Hello,
1. I need to install SATA drivers on acer extensa 5220 for windows XP2, i have no floppy drive and am making first installation. My laptop is not installed at the moment.
2. Is itheir a way i can run the utility from flash drive to intergrate the drivers into XP2 cd? and where do i place them
Related:

3 responses

If you want simple solution follow the steps

Step 1: Start Your PC.

Hit F2 at startup then you will be led to BIOS, in BIOS Setup, change SATA mode from AHCI to ATA and Save and Exit.

Step 2: Insert XP CD in CD/DVD Drive

While booting hit F12 and choose Boot from CD/DVD drive. Then follow the usual procedure to install XP.

Note : It should work for any laptop/pc. I did this for "Dell Inspiron 1525" Laptop
man it's taken me about 8 hours of time on the net to solve my sata new disk problem.
thanks to your posting, i'm done.
it all started when i had to install a new hdd for a failed sata toshiba disk.
well, i install it ok. but it didn't work.
i look at almost everything i could get a lead for. then i tryed to do the nLite thing, and make a iso, with the sata drivers from Intel, but it was taking to much time. after a few failed & wasted CD's, and considering i running out of patience, i resorted to looking around one more time, and low and behold, i ran across your posting, when i read the part that stated set " AHCI to ATA", it hit me. the laptop i was trying to load was a Systemax SYX-FL91 and in the BIOS setup it had in the "AHCI Enabled" option, so i disabled it and bam!, the new sat disk was recognized, and proceeded to load the xp installation. And that was great. Thank a again.
man it's taken me about 8 hours of time on the net to solve my sata new disk problem.
i look at almost everything i could get a lead for. then i tryed to do the nLite thing, and make a iso, with the sata drivers from Intel, but it was taking to much time. after a few failed & wasted CD's, and considering i running out of patience, i resorted to looking around one more time, and low and behold, i ran across your posting, when i read the part that stated set " AHCI to ATA", it hit me. the laptop i was trying to load was a Systemax SYX-FL91 and in the BIOS setup it had in the "AHCI Enabled" option, so i disabled it and bam!, the new sat disk was recognized, and proceeded to load the xp installation. And that was great. Thanks a again.
i looked at almost everything i could get a lead for. then i tried to do the nLite thing, and make a iso, with the sata drivers from Intel, but it was taking to much time. after a few failed & wasted CD's, and considering i running out of patience, i resorted to looking around one more time, and low and behold, i ran across your posting, when i read the part that stated set " AHCI to ATA", it hit me. the laptop i was trying to load was a Systemax SYX-FL91 and in the BIOS setup it had in the "AHCI Enabled" option, so i disabled it and bam!, the new sat disk was recognized, and proceeded to load the xp installation. And that was great. Thanks a again.
what if my bios doesnt allow me to disable ahci???
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 12, 2008 at 02:06 PM
check this link on info to "slipstream" the diriver in you Windows CD

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-559.html
Well just changing your bios to use the sata as an IDE wont be as efective and fast as using the AHCI driver, iam pritty sure there is a driver for AHCI for a reason, and it will change the way the HDD write the data.