The connection has timed out

Closed
Geoff B - Mar 19, 2010 at 06:56 AM
 Al - Sep 29, 2010 at 10:20 AM
I've recently installed Windows 7 and upgraded to Firefox 3.6.
I've tried every fix suggested in this thread, from changing the Advanced Netword setting in Firefox to Automaticcally detecting the Proxy settings to changing the settings in Firefox about:config, but I still get a "The connection has timed out" message on one particular website that no-one else has any difficulty accessing, and one which I had previously been able to connect to, i.e. Cool Mini or Not.
I've even installed and run ParetoLogic's RegCure, which promises to cure all "The connection has timed out" problems, but didn't!!
BTW, my laptop is connected to the Internet via a wireless connection and I have Norton Internet Security 2009 installed. However, I have tried turning off all the settings in NIS and I still get the same problem.
Now I'm at my wits end and don't know what else I can do to fix this problem.
Has anyone got any other suggestions, besides throwing my Laptop through the window, I could try?

Geoff :(

1 response

Did you get this sorted? I'm having the same problem with one particular website that no one else has!

Please let me know if you have solved the mystery - i'm close to throwing mine out of window, too!