Ask a question Report

No display in monitor [Solved/Closed]

prakash - Latest answer on Jan 11, 2013 02:46PM
Hello,
ut no image on monitor. Computer starts up, power supply fan works, CPU fan works, Attatched side panel fan works. Lights light up, Drive sounds as if working, Boot sounds to start working (no 'beep' though).... but NO image. Monitor says it's working fine, check connection. Well Connection is fine. What gives? Can't check BIOs if I can't get an image. Is there any one out there who can help???
Read more 
Answer
+95
moins plus
The problem is always due to the graphic card failure. I have a lot of experience with this problem.
Its simple as this.
1. If you have an external graphic card and you get this problem. Then probably your graphic cards busted.
2. If you have an integrated graphic card and you get this problem. Well, Sorry but its about time you replace your motherboard.
Integrated graphics are not fixable.
3. If its the external problem. Then switch to the integrated graphic card (Thats if you have one) or get a new graphics card either with your warranty (if its valid) or buy one.

Other Solutions
1. (Only for external graphic card holders) This problem is very common due to dust residing on the graphic card/graphic card slot. Just take out the graphic card, and with a paint brush clean the metal parts and the graphic card slot. Be very careful when doing so as this slot are very delicate. Do so at your own risk.
2. This problem may occur if you computer heats up very much.
*Clean up the insides of your Pc with a paint brush at least once a month. (Due to Dust)
*Try hooking up an extra cooling fan to your Pc to reduce the heat.
*Keep your Pc in a well ventilated area such as close to a window.
*If your Pc is a expensive one, try installing a liquid cooling system to it. May at least cost 300$.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Happy New Year!!
Greetings from Sri Lanka. :D

Rabidhawk- Jul 17, 2010 12:37PM
Ram
Boot in safe mode
go to display options and change your screen resolution. this usually happens if your monitor cannot support your resolution. change to 800X600. That should do it
ij- Jul 30, 2010 05:45AM
it isn't necessary to change the motherboard, just put in a graphics card.
puntojay- May 7, 2011 07:16AM
i have the same problem my monitor its a tv, free view and monitor all in 1. on xp it ran a dream i installed windows 7 ultimate. soon as i did that my tv wont work just get a blue screen. i have an old antique monitor from world war 1 witch works great on my pc. and my graphics card works great on games. and with this antique. so it can not be graphics card. but what it is i really dont no :(<gras>
akom- May 16, 2011 08:55AM
ayon,i also think it might be the momery card
Deathmajesty- Jan 11, 2013 02:46PM
It isn't always necessarily the graphics card. I'm currently having the same issue right now and I've tried different graphics cards and still no avail. I'm thinking it might either be my Memory cards or my motherboard itself. Yes memory can affect your computer with display
Answer
+59
moins plus
this tread is kind a bit old but i v got the same issue and i solved my problem here is what to do

this come from a currupt bios for me. All the fan is spinning i got light in my keyboard mousse dvd rom and diskdrive but the display won't open.
it can be different thing so try this to see if it help

first take out your ram and start the systeme "always take the main cord off the case before touching anything
on the motherboard"
if the systeme start making some "beep" its a good new so put back your ram .if you don't ear nothing ,maybe there is no case speaker or your motherboard might have a problem.

now unplugged your dvd/cd rom and start your system.if you see no change yet this is not the problem
after that try it whit your disk drive.

now look in your motherbord ,there suppose to be there "near the cpu" a 4 pin wire ,2 yellow and 2 black
see if it s connected properly.

if you have done all this and you dont found your problem, you should reset the motherboard

searche for a round batery on the mobo,take it out for almost 5 or 6 minutes no 10 minutes is better and don't forget to take out the main cord before.after you wait 10 good minutes put the mobo batery back and start the system to see what happen.

i hope you gonna solved your problem

motherboredd- Apr 4, 2010 12:47PM
didnt think it would work for me but it did! thanks!
the_charlie87- Apr 16, 2010 12:16PM
Yea i had the very same problem tried other graphics cards diffrent psu then read your post and the 4x2atx was just out of its holder. works a treat again. thanks to you. Many thanks.
Name or Nickname- May 28, 2010 10:01PM
make sure that all drivers are installed correctly,your gpu will start in 8bit colors, then follow ur instructions...
bluemeanie23- Jul 16, 2010 12:04AM
hoy shit it worked how the fuk does that happen i pulled out my ram and nothing i pulled out my dvd drive and bam its back to normal thsnks heaps man just saved me a hundred bucks
Deepanjan- Apr 22, 2011 01:08PM
wow u r great.. I 1st removed my ram and nothing happend. Then i removed my dvd rom and suddenly whole system back into life..after formatting my pc is running now like a new one..thanks man. But why did it happend..
Answer
+58
moins plus
power on computer and monitor is on, but it des not show any thing on monitor. How to resaolve this problem

Answer
+23
moins plus
Step 1 : Just replace ur power supply inside ur cpu with other one! Now ur bios will work.

Step 2 : Go to bias setting. Disable the overloaded option.

Step 3 : Now connect previous supply and Enjoy

Answer
+18
moins plus
Sir, i am having a problem with my system.When i turned on my cpu the hd seems to be working properly the ram is working properly,but the problems is that my mother board when it receives the power shows the three lights on.And it beeps for two to three times and i am getting no display in my monitor.
Plz sir help me solve the problem.
configruration : windows xp
intel desktop board

Answer
+11
moins plus
Thanks for your repply . i am using integrated graphics in there the motherboard. it is attached in mother board . i have check all thing . i am getting any disply in monitor and i did not get line in keyboard.

what happned ?

Thanks u

Prakash

Ramesh- Jun 13, 2009 05:15AM
i have also display problem, i use ibm desktop, more quite days the colour of monitor goes red. then i put some piece of paper between display jack & cpu body, then colour is ok, but when when i inserted new VGA card in mother board, when machine reboot it shows good colour of windows logos and ten the monitor display blank, i remove the VGA card, ram, cell, processor, all the cables & then restart but again no display, when i remove vga card, the monitor display no cable also blink light of monitor goes green but when i insert the wire the blink light goes yellow & one more there is no light in keyboard, when i inserted the keyboard slightly light blinks then it goes off, whereas the cpu starts smoothly.
zee nisdog - Jan 6, 2010 01:30AM
hi there,

i recently had a motherboard problem, i changed it, the ram, processor, hardrive and power supply all are ok. now when i switch on the cpu, everything functions but nothing appears on the monitor. so i removed the cpu cover and shook sme cables, it then started off with display, i then switched it off, and tried switong it on after 20 mins,,it gave the same problem, so i shook some cables and it started again,,,can any1 help me with this,,,im so scared,,,i dnt want to damage my motherboard again...help me plizzzzzzzzzz
zee- Jan 7, 2010 04:20AM
dear ayon,,

I just had my motherboard changed, the graphics card is inbuilt on the motherboard, i had the cpu fans cleaned, and had an extra fan fitted,,but i still get this probelm,,any other ideas???
vel zee - Jan 30, 2010 09:25PM
Hello,
ut no image on monitor. Computer starts up, power supply fan works, CPU fan works, Attatched side panel fan works. Lights light up, Drive sounds as if working, Boot sounds to start working (no 'beep' though).... but NO image. Monitor says it's working fine, check connection. Well Connection is fine. What gives? Can't check BIOs if I can't get an image. Is there any one out there who can help???Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0
in my system also having Graphics card.
mangesh nisdog - Feb 4, 2010 04:35AM
nothing display on screen bt cpu is working
Answer
+10
moins plus
I had exactly the same problem with a new PC (E6300 CPU Dual Core) connected to a 5 year old LG 1915S screen. When I booted from cold (i.e. after all off for 3 or 4 hours) the BIOS logo flashed very briefly and Windows 7 flashed briefly but then the display stayed black even though I could hear the login screen tune play. Rebooting after leaving everything on for 10 minutes to get warm gave a perfectly normal startup and everything ran OK for as long as the PC was left on. The LG screen had worked fine for about 5 years on my old setup with a different motherboard and AMD 1600+ CPU.

I swapped PSU, graphics card, drives, memory chips (swapped slots) and then updated the Foxconn BIOS. Nothing had any effect. I checked and swapped cables and BIOS settings without success. I even swapped the motherboard from Foxconn to Asus as a last resort but that had no effect either.

Then (as I should have done earlier perhaps) I swapped monitors, using my daughters 2 year old 15" Dell unit on both analogue and digital connections. SUCCESS! That worked fine on both connections, so the PC boots from stone-cold with the normal BIOS and Windows screens appearing.

Conclusions? It looks as if the older LG 1915S cannot cope with changes in, or speed of, the latest motherboards and CPU. I have emailed LG and am waiting for a response but it looks to me as if I shall have to get a new screen.

Answer
+8
moins plus
can you tell me if you are using a graphics card or the integrated graphics in there the pc?

if you are using the integrated one then there must surely be a problem with you motherbaord im afraid if its fried but before coming to any conclusion just check that with an IT professional.

if its a graphics card then i would recommend that you try another one on your pc

Arnab- Mar 16, 2010 02:03AM
i noticed i have a problem with my monitor.its an lcd lg 21 inch and here is the problem:

i turn on the computer and the monitor runs normally at the start but imediatly the screen is going black but the rest works perfectly.i can even hear the sound of welcome "in windows and how is connecting to the internet,all is perfect but just that there is no display,its all black,how can i fix it please?
allie- Apr 28, 2010 08:15PM
hello,
i'm having the same problem except i already replace my motherboard and everything seems to be working fine do you think maybe i need a new processor?
Answer
+8
moins plus
I have the same problem i took all the stuff still nothing a bought a new mother board still nothing all i can see is the fans spinning and hdd lights up plus the power led and cd/dvd driver are opening n spining as well my mouse n keyboard are connected via usb so they dont light up.... now i dont have case speaker dono what it beeps i didnt try a new cpu coz it could be that the cpu is fried up.....

Answer
+8
moins plus
i am on this page bcos i have just the same problem, i shut down now i come back to start monitor wont display nothing, not even the slash screen....absolutely nothing!, i still dont have a solution am i am gett5ing so frustrated....but you know i have always known that pc is wack, as soon as i can get my focus right with Mac, i am off to mac forever....so sad pc, if u are not chasing viruses you are chasing hoses or something is chasing you with pc....arrrgh.

Answer
+8
moins plus
Im using dell inspiron 6400 laptop..Im having a problem where the monitor completely blank even i tried to used the external monitor via vga port..When i press the power button, hard disk and cd drive can hear spinning for a second only. after that nothing and only the power LED turns on.

i had tried to dismantle the laptop to check whether the cable of the monitor loose. i also tried to change ram.Still cannot work. I need help from anyone to fix my problem?

Answer
+8
moins plus
It must be a problem with the Intel GMA located in the Desktop. I connected a monitor and went into INTEL GMA (a video handler) and switched from monitor to notebook - single user and the screen comes back up so it isnt the screen - it must be video drivers. The notebook screen remains up for a few seconds and then goes black as the INTEL inspiron switches back over to Monitor as primary display.

Answer
+8
moins plus
i tried to run safe mode after reseting the browsers defaults because they where not working at all. I followed some simple rules to get rid of this problem and the last of them was to restart the computer and run safe mode. I did this but after I hit F8 the screen has been blank for hours now but everything else works the ligts the fans and even the noise at the the end of the boot where you pick which user your going to go with. I cant see anything and when ive tried F8 or F11 it does nothing, that i can see, so I'm completely blind. Please send me sopme steps asap. Thanks Dave

Answer
+6
moins plus
I have a hp nx6310 and my internal screen dont light up after I installed a new inverter because the old one blew out, now everything works even the monitor I can see images when I turn it on, but it doesnt light up, and when I plug a external that works fine, and when I pluged my internal monitor into another laptop the light worked perfect, but when I plug it back into the original laptop it goes to, it gets no back light all plugs look good and connectors are ok, so is there something that might have went out on the motherboard that could cause that?, I tried everything and I'm out of ideas, I replaced ram, inverter cables, screen, even checked the lid switch, and still nothing. Is there anyone out there that had this problem before and got it fixed, or do I have to replace the board?. If you fixed this problem before please help!.

Answer
+5
moins plus
I have a similar problem, except that my pc uses PCI-Express. So I bought the PCI-e X16 graphic card and after connecting my monitor to the new installed card I still do not get an output, is there anything I need to do to enable the card output like ALT+F4?

Please advice

Spazz- Jan 13, 2009 09:02PM
With a lot of newer pci-e cards you need a powerful enough power supply to make it output. And also some require a special 6 prong power connector from the psu. Make sure you have enough power first off by checking the specs on the card. Normally on the back of the box it came in it says minimum requirements. Atleast a 450 is most likely required...and on top of that you may need the gpu power connector as mentioned above. Make sure you meet requirements...and that should fix your output issue as Ive had the seen this issue before.
Mimchaboo- Jan 25, 2009 06:52AM
i got a new graphics card with a fan on it, and i just want to know what the name of the cord is that i need to supply enough power to it. is it the 6 prong one you were talking about? my graphics card is a geforce 9800 gtx+. i only have one power supply cord plugged into it right now. the cord i am using has two ends on it but i could only plug one of them up. Tx :-)
MA|GA- Apr 10, 2010 01:33AM
u better check da RAM replace the ram with a new one and it might work..........
Answer
+5
moins plus
hello sir
in my monitor in LG 19inh the power cable are ok but the green light it not work i thank the picher tube is faild

Answer
+4
moins plus
I got a new graphics card with a fan on it, and i just want to know what the name of the cord is that i need to supply enough power to it. is it the 6 prong one you were talking about? my graphics card is a geforce 9800 gtx+. i only have one power supply cord plugged into it right now. the cord i am using has two ends on it but i could only plug one of them up. Tx :-)

a14jvx- May 7, 2011 07:41PM
PCI, it has 6 prongs, in two rows of 3. If the card has two matching power plugs then you sohuld probably use two cords or it might overheat.
Answer
+4
moins plus
Same issue here. Problem started after shut down and reboot. Crazy thing is you can about time the incidence. Computer will boot up and be operational for about 12 minutes even, then screen goes blank and switches to power save mode. Doesn't matter if you are running a program or just letting your computer turn on without logging in. Checked every power management feature in MicroSoft XP. Was able to run up-to-date virus scan and PC Utility with no problems determined.

I am still working on issue.

godfather- Jul 30, 2009 02:24PM
I'have the same problem but the strange thing is that my pc start working again when I wait a little time
Anupam- Oct 31, 2009 01:19AM
Sir I have a same problem with my GeForce 260 GTX.......
I have to wait for 5 minutes and then its working...
plz tell me if u found any solution to this strange problem
superrey19- Jun 29, 2010 10:34PM
Something in your guys' PC is overheating. When something overheats, the computer automatically shuts off until it cools down again. It can either be the CPU, the RAM, or the graphics card. Most likely, it is the CPU, in which case you (or your local repair shop) have to remove the cpu and add new thermal paste and re-seat it properly. If it still overheats, use this program http://www.memtest.org/ to test your RAM for any errors. If it finds any errors, replace the faulty memory. Finally, if the RAM and CPU are fine, try a different graphics card.
Answer
+4
moins plus
i have the same problem , i have bough 3 cards and a new power supply 400 watts , my card only needs 350, i get no signal from the card, it has been like this for days now and im at my wits end, any one if you know a trick to fix this plz help

Answer
+4
moins plus
I'm having the same issue as well, but i re routed my cables on my computer, now no display on my monitor, i undid the battery on the mobo it worked, but locked up after 2 seconds..

anybody found a fix yet

1 2 Next
This document entitled « no display in monitor » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.