Install xp os from pen drive

Solved/Closed
raj - Oct 6, 2008 at 08:26 AM
 pan - Dec 29, 2012 at 07:24 AM
Hello,
Dear sir

i want to format my hard disk via pen drive instead of XP bootable Cd.in short I want to make my pen drive as bootable XP disc.so give me appropiate steps or tell me to copy a file to pen drive from Xp bootable cd so it can work

7 responses

REMEMBER, THIS GUIDE WILL DELETE ALL DATA FROM DRIVE C: AND PENDRIVE
( if you can't format your drive C:, install Windows Xp On Your Pen, then move all data needed using Pendrive or Network Area to the other PC )

What do you need?
1. Windows Xp installation disk
2. Access to PC with working CD Cd-ROM DVD drive.
3. This file solution.rar

This guide is for people with basic knowledge of PC hardware and system software
Let's start.

1. Download solution.rar file
2. Unpack solution.rar file on drive C, you should have a folder named C:\Dos
3. Put your pendrive ( at least 1GB) into working PC USB port
4. Go to the folder C:\Dos and run HpUSBformat.exe file
- it should auto detect wyour pendrive disk, if not select form the list ( my pendrive is a drive G: )
- set other options like on the image below and click start.

- now you have a pendrive with bootable dos on it.
5. Copy all other files from C:/Dos to your pendrive. ( you can overwrite existing ones)
- your pendrive should look like that

6. Put your Windows Xp installation disk into Cdrom and copy all files from CD to pendrive.
7. Boot your laptop with pendrive ( if you have problems, just check your BIOS or try to access boot menu )
8. Type sys d: and hit enter
- if you see system transferred - you have luck, FAT32 filesystem on drive C:, you will not lose your data
- go to step 11
- if any problem apears go to step 8
8. REMEMBER, you will loose all data from drive C:/
9. Type format c:/q/s
- accept and if it is formated go to step 11 ( you are lucky, you don't need to make partitions)
- otherwise go to step 10
10. Type fdisk and hit enter
-create new partition ( after restart boot with pendrive in)
-go to step 9 and back here :)
-type pqmagic and set your new partition active ( physical drive 2, Advanced A, ste Active - S, are you sure - Y, Exit - X )
11.Type nc and hit enter, and using Norton Commander, copy all files form pendrive to disk C: ( you can overwrite existing ones)
12. Restart Laptop without pendrive in it ( it should start from harddrive)
13. Type cd i386 and hit enter ( it will enter i386 folder)
14 Type winnt and hit enter

INSTALL WINDOWS :) ( REMEMBER, DURING INSTALLATION - KEEP EXISTING FILE SYSTEM - DO NOT FORMAT, YOU CAN CONVERT IT TO NTFS LATER )
1.How to remove xp & install Linux ?
2.How to install 2 os in one computer ?
Reply soon as possible

your`s
Prateek
amit > Prateek
Nov 4, 2008 at 04:00 AM
cont... following steps

1. bootable linux cd/dvd in ur cd/dvd rom
2. enter the "ENTER" button to install linux in GUI mode
3. enter the "GRUB loader" password & "ROOT" password
4. disk management
5. remove disk volums of xp
6. make new volume for linux & select parttion with "/" it means root volume(format type= ext2)minimum drive space 5gb
7. make new volume for linux & select parttion with swap minimum 1gb
8. select "/" root partition & select enter
9. in application & services part select defaults & cont..
10. change the cd when it want
11 after complete installation use linux with enjoy or mail me personally
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74 > Prateek
Dec 9, 2008 at 02:21 PM
http://wubi-installer.org/

Easiest way to install linux and keep windows. It also makes a dual boot so on startup you can choose between linux and windows.
Thats all good but where do you get the soloution.rar file from?
what is solution.rar file and where can I get a copy of it or download, I have the same problem for my dell latitude c400 it has no cdrom and floppy it supports network boot, thanks
Thank you very much Raj. This process is perfectly working.
abe rar file kaha se lye jara hame bhi to batana
bootable USB guide, here we assume that you are using either Vista or Windows 7 to create a bootable USB.

1. Insert your USB (4GB+ preferable) stick to the system and backup all the data from the USB as we are going to format the USB to make it as bootable.

2. Open elevated Command Prompt. To do this, type in CMD in Start menu search field and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Alternatively, navigate to Start > All programs >Accessories > right click on Command Prompt and select run as administrator.

3. When the Command Prompt opens, enter the following command:

DISKPART and hit enter.

LIST DISK and hit enter.

Once you enter the LIST DISK command, it will show the disk number of your USB drive. In the below image my USB drive disk no is Disk 1.

4. In this step you need to enter all the below commands one by one and hit enter. As these commands are self explanatory, you can easily guess what these commands do.

SELECT DISK 1 (Replace DISK 1 with your disk number)

CLEAN

CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

SELECT PARTITION 1

ACTIVE

FORMAT FS=NTFS

(Format process may take few seconds)
ASSIGN

EXIT

Don't close the command prompt as we need to execute one more command at the next step. Just minimize it.

5. Insert your Windows DVD in the optical drive and note down the drive letter of the optical drive and USB media. Here I use "D" as my optical (DVD) drive letter and "H" as my USB drive letter.

6. Go back to command prompt and execute the following commands:

D:CD BOOT and hit enter. Where "D" is your DVD drive letter.

CD BOOT and hit enter to see the below message.
BOOTSECT.EXE/NT60 H:

(Where "H" is your USB drive letter)

7. Copy Windows DVD contents to USB.

You are done with your bootable USB. You can now use this bootable USB as bootable DVD on any computer that comes with USB boot feature (most of the current motherboards support this feature).

Note that this bootable USB guide will not work if you are trying to make a bootable USB on XP computer.

WRITTEN BY AIMAN MALIK
Phone number removed for security
how to install windows xp to cd when cd not find

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I found something really good and I was able to install xp via pendrive
If u want this tutorial then goto : https://itrickz.co.cc/

This will really help you
Make a bootable USB installer for Windows XP, Vista, 7 with WinToFlash

by Lee Mathews (RSS feed) Aug 27th 2009 at 2:00PM

Making a bootable USB flash drive for Windows Vista and Windows 7 isn't all that tricky, but it's always nice to find an app that simplifies things. Not only does WinToFlash make the process about as easy as it can get, but it can also create Windows XP, Server 2003, and Server 2008 installers.

The default options make it easy to roll a silent Windows install, or you can flip the custom switch and specify the exact setup parameters you want to use.

The handy app also has one more trick up its sleeve: moving Windows Preinstall environments. PE discs can be extremely handy for troubleshooting and repairs, and being able to painlessly zap them over to a USB flash drive means not having to burn a new copy every time someone's haggard old optical drive decides to chew up your CD.

WinToFlash is a free download and is totally portable. It's an excellent tool to add to your USB-related utilities.
just give ur problems to Url removed n will mail u d software