Linksys WRT54G router network key

Closed
smiles4398 - Mar 9, 2010 at 12:43 AM
 Ken - Jun 13, 2011 at 04:34 PM
I am having problems..I lost my network key for my wireless. I went in through 192.168.1.1. and even got to the security tab but did not see any where to reset my network key. I am totally loss and need help. Please anyone.

My route is WRT54G ver. 6

I really hope I haven't messed anything up.

Thank you in advanced.
Related:

3 responses

Ok so i'm having trouble trying to remember the internet passphrase to set up a wireless connection and I cannot seem to remember it and I just want to know if there's another solution to getting a wireless connection without having to rely on the modem plugged in to my laptop the whole time.

I have linksys by the way.
I have heard Charter is blacklisting routers to make you have to buy their equipment ($49 down/$9month). I was using a linksys WRT400 (I think) and I got in touch with some "inside guys" and they told me about Charter doing this. Press their support guys and watch them squirm... I went bought another router. If they mess with me again, I will go to DSL.
I would give this a try.
At the back of your router there is a little button that you can push in, use a pen or pencil hold for few seconds and it will reset itself then you can start all over again, with your setup. Hope that helps.

Sally
try reseting it