I am working on a Sony Vaio and I was checing it out and removing unwanted programs and desktop icons. I went to bed and the next day I went to the computer and plugged in the power supply cord sat down and pressed the power button. Nothing happened, upon looking at the back of the computer I saw a green blinking light. I have held the power button for 15 seconds and nothing. Is this the power supply or the battery that is bad ? I contacted Sony and they will not help all they said was hold the button for 15 seconds. Then they said to take it to a computer repair shop. I have been fixing Pc's for a couple of years and have never had this happen. Any advice would help !
- Green Flashing light
- Monitor goes black, green flashing light » Forum - Hardware
- Constant Orange/Green Flashing Battery Light (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- Flashing green light on power supply (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- Dell D400 no boot up green A light flashs » Forum - Hardware
- Dell 1200 laptop - Yellow flashing light » How-To - Laptop computer
You can try to unplug the laptop - remove the battery and then press down the power button for 30 seconds. Then replace the battery and power cord. This "hard boot" procedure has been know to work on some laptops.