Green Flashing light

Closed
bubbasr10 - Mar 7, 2010 at 08:32 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 7, 2010 at 06:05 PM
Hello,
I am working on a Sony Vaio and I was checing it out and removing unwanted programs and desktop icons. I went to bed and the next day I went to the computer and plugged in the power supply cord sat down and pressed the power button. Nothing happened, upon looking at the back of the computer I saw a green blinking light. I have held the power button for 15 seconds and nothing. Is this the power supply or the battery that is bad ? I contacted Sony and they will not help all they said was hold the button for 15 seconds. Then they said to take it to a computer repair shop. I have been fixing Pc's for a couple of years and have never had this happen. Any advice would help !

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 7, 2010 at 06:05 PM
You can try to unplug the laptop - remove the battery and then press down the power button for 30 seconds. Then replace the battery and power cord. This "hard boot" procedure has been know to work on some laptops.

Good Luck