Ask a question Report

How to connect two laptops using LAN cable in [Solved/Closed]

Pravin - Latest answer on Dec 20, 2012 01:05PM
Hello,
We want to play Age of Empire between two Laptops
How to connect two laptops using LAN cable in Vista? Could you explain us from first step?
Thanks for your support
Pravin
Read more 
Answer
+69
moins plus
1st step:Install lan driver in both laptops from there own methere bord cd.
2nd step:Connect both laptop vis lan wire.
3rd step:Goto startmenu--->Control Panel--->Network Connections.there is a item whose name Local Area Connection
4th step: Right click on Local Area Connection.select properties from menu.
5th step:select General tab,see there is a level name by "The connection uses the following item :".scroll and select Iternet protocol (TCP/IP) and press properties button
6th step:Select Use the following IP address,put ther IP address.its like 192.168.0.1(IP address) and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and press ok.after thene press close button.

i think after that work,
but note that ip address are diffrent in both lapto.

ram- Nov 10, 2009 10:48PM
thanx
but it unable to connect two laptop which are using vista
bharti- Oct 2, 2009 02:56PM
detail information about this topic
net mat- Sep 1, 2010 12:54AM
guys... just create a home wireless network of laptop... as many as can laptop can b connected... and u can transfer data.. and can play games with each other...
shiva- Oct 9, 2012 09:48AM
thank u.. this is really good
pachi- Dec 20, 2012 01:05PM
@zzzassss:
but it ask network password
Answer
+17
moins plus
Dear Sir,

Please get to the following address for having the connection completed.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/342-connecting-two-computers-with-a-usb-cable

Thanks in advance.

Answer
+15
moins plus
You need a special "crossover" LAN cable - standard LAN (CAT-5) cables are made to plug-in to a router.

Answer
+7
moins plus
1) Plug-in your cable to both PCs
2) startup 1st pc's AoE as host and ONLY THEN startup 2nd pc as client

DONT DO ANY IP CHANGES!!! Windows automatically assigns you addresses of homespace that start with 169.x.x.x

Answer
+5
moins plus
You can also check out this article that shows you how to connect two computers directly by using crossover cable.

Answer
+3
moins plus
u have network cable it must a cross over cable.i must have a network and the second one will take network from the other laptop it will config it self.

Answer
+3
moins plus
You all are perfectly right but there is another thing you must tell the user that if you are connecting a two laptops ,then in many laptops only modem connection is given and not lan connection so therefore to connect two modem so that we can play multiplayer games and can do data transfer ,you must need a cross lan wire instead of parallel lan wire

Answer
+1
moins plus
my name is not familiar.so i'm having a problem actually i don't classify it as a massive constraint.So my point of interest is I want to know if windows can share files or printers without connecting to the lan.the reason im arising this point is I heard some guys discussing this issue so please put me in the picture.I dont have a problem with my mandriva linux and suse linux interprise.

This document entitled « How to connect two laptops using LAN cable in » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.