How to connect two laptops using LAN cable in

Solved/Closed
Pravin - Oct 3, 2008 at 01:34 PM
 Frank - May 7, 2017 at 07:52 AM
Hello,

We want to play Age of Empire between two Laptops

How to connect two laptops using LAN cable in Vista? Could you explain us from first step?

Thanks for your support

Pravin
Related:

8 responses

1st step:Install lan driver in both laptops from there own methere bord cd.
2nd step:Connect both laptop vis lan wire.
3rd step:Goto startmenu--->Control Panel--->Network Connections.there is a item whose name Local Area Connection
4th step: Right click on Local Area Connection.select properties from menu.
5th step:select General tab,see there is a level name by "The connection uses the following item :".scroll and select Iternet protocol (TCP/IP) and press properties button
6th step:Select Use the following IP address,put ther IP address.its like 192.168.0.1(IP address) and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and press ok.after thene press close button.

i think after that work,
but note that ip address are diffrent in both lapto.
hey I did the same !!!!!!!!!!
but how to send a file??????????????
plz reply me
detail information about this topic
Abhi23 > manav
Nov 4, 2009 at 12:34 AM
After making LAN connection.
Go in network connection which is in control panel.
Then select my network places.
Click on view workgroup computers.
You will get two Names of PCs which are connected in LAN.
For sharing any drive just right click on that drive go in sharing and security.
Select the option share this folder on the network.
So your whole drive will be shared by this procedure.
thanx
but it unable to connect two laptop which are using vista
guys... just create a home wireless network of laptop... as many as can laptop can b connected... and u can transfer data.. and can play games with each other...
You need a special "crossover" LAN cable - standard LAN (CAT-5) cables are made to plug-in to a router.
Blocked Profile
Sep 17, 2010 at 07:15 AM
Dear Sir,

Please get to the following address for having the connection completed.

https://ccm.net/faq/342-how-to-connect-computers-via-usb

Thanks in advance.
GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 45
Dec 1, 2008 at 03:50 PM
1) Plug-in your cable to both PCs
2) startup 1st pc's AoE as host and ONLY THEN startup 2nd pc as client

DONT DO ANY IP CHANGES!!! Windows automatically assigns you addresses of homespace that start with 169.x.x.x

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Feb 22, 2009 at 08:37 AM
You can also check out this article that shows you how to connect two computers directly by using crossover cable.
u have network cable it must a cross over cable.i must have a network and the second one will take network from the other laptop it will config it self.
You all are perfectly right but there is another thing you must tell the user that if you are connecting a two laptops ,then in many laptops only modem connection is given and not lan connection so therefore to connect two modem so that we can play multiplayer games and can do data transfer ,you must need a cross lan wire instead of parallel lan wire
my name is not familiar.so i'm having a problem actually I don't classify it as a massive constraint.So my point of interest is I want to know if windows can share files or printers without connecting to the lan.the reason im arising this point is I heard some guys discussing this issue so please put me in the picture.I dont have a problem with my mandriva linux and suse linux interprise.