Vista internet security alert. Asking for mon

Solved/Closed
bubs58 - Feb 18, 2010 at 06:54 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 17, 2010 at 05:00 PM
Hello,
I just started getting all kinds of "vista internet security alerts". They say I have all kinds of viruses but MCafee says I'm protected. It asked to pay for registered version of the software. One of the errors is:"trojan-clicker.win32.stix0.d" This looks like another scam. I would appreciate help. Thank you. Dana
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Hello Dana,

You are partly correct, it is a scam but the attempts will not go away because there is a Trojan in your system, as not one antivirus programme is perfect, McAfee does not see it as a menace.

Please follow my suggestion download Malwarebyte, install it, update it and run a FULL scan. I am pretty sure that Malwarebyte will rid you of the Trojan.

You may download Malwarebyte on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
•Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
•Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

I am anxious to get your feedback.
Hello Ambucias,
Thank you very much for all your help. I followed your instructions and was able to clear the errors.
Regards,
Dana
Hi

I am having the same problem as Dana ...however mine won't let me access the Internet to allow me to download anything? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Emily
@Emily89 when you try and open a browser does ti come up with you have to allow an untrusted programme (ave.exe) ? if so you have to but follow ambucias.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Mar 29, 2010 at 05:17 AM
Hello Jca

Please download this Rogue Kill which will delete the process

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

1. Double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Security Tool and other Rogue programs.

Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Security Tool when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate Security Tool . So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running.

Do not reboot your computer or the soul of the dead trojan horse will come back to haunt you.

2. Now delete your copy of Malwarebyte just in case it got corrupted by the Trojan.

3. Download a fresh copy of Malwarebyte.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

4. To outwit the virus, rename MBAM-setup to Kioskea.exe

5. Install Kioskea.exe and update it.

6. Turn off your modem and run a FULL system scan.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

Please do give me some news
Thanks for this, saved me.
Nov 17, 2010 at 05:00 PM
Hello Elaine

Please boot your computer into safe mode with Networking which will allow you access to internet and download.

Then, follow my instructions which I posted on March 29.

Please let me know