I've attached an emachine monitor to my HP Pavilion dv5-1002 Notebook. It works, until I close the laptop lid and everything goes black. I've gone into power options and changed the power buttons to do nothing when the lid is closed. I've tried to set up the external display in the windows mobility center.
Why can't I use the monitor with the laptop lid closed? I've
- Laptop monitor closed
- How to display hp envy with cover closed
- I closed mylaptop screen and it is not opening
- External Monitor for laptop (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- External monitor stopped working with laptop (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- HP laptop display not working (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- External Monitor to broken laptop screen HELP (Solved) » Forum - Screen
- Secondary monitor shuts off when laptop close (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
Go in control panel>power options. on left side f screen there is an option saying " when i close lid of laptop....", YOU MUST SELECT "DO NOTHING"...n thats it, problem solved
I think I found the answer: What works for me is when I make the monitor the main display and they make sure that the option 'multiple displays' is on 'extend these displays'. Now, when I close the lid, the screen remains on my monitor. Obviously, the options I am talking about are in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution. So when you do all this and close the lid on your laptop, the screen on your monitor goes black for 2 seconds and then remains the way it was.
rest a lollipop stick on the power button before the lid closes, works everytime