I've attached an emachine monitor to my HP Pavilion dv5-1002 Notebook. It works, until I close the laptop lid and everything goes black. I've gone into power options and changed the power buttons to do nothing when the lid is closed. I've tried to set up the external display in the windows mobility center.
Why can't I use the monitor with the laptop lid closed? I've
- HOW SHOULD I KNOW THAT MY LAPTOP CAN WORK WITH LID CLOSED
- How to connect computer screen to laptop and close laptop lid
- Can laptops run when closed?
- Secondary monitor shuts off when laptop close (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- External monitor stopped working with laptop (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- External monitor with laptop won't work (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- External Monitor to broken laptop screen HELP (Solved) » Forum - Screen
- Switching broken Dell laptop screen to external monitor » Forum - Screen
I think I found the answer: What works for me is when I make the monitor the main display and they make sure that the option 'multiple displays' is on 'extend these displays'. Now, when I close the lid, the screen remains on my monitor. Obviously, the options I am talking about are in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution. So when you do all this and close the lid on your laptop, the screen on your monitor goes black for 2 seconds and then remains the way it was.
My new window 7 laptop (compaq)get logged off with in few minute after started.laptop giveS me a notice that ur window will logged within a minute how can I fix it.