I've attached an emachine monitor to my HP Pavilion dv5-1002 Notebook. It works, until I close the laptop lid and everything goes black. I've gone into power options and changed the power buttons to do nothing when the lid is closed. I've tried to set up the external display in the windows mobility center.
Why can't I use the monitor with the laptop lid closed? I've
- Close laptop with external monitor
- How to close my laptop and use external monitor
- Use external monitor with laptop closed
- Secondary monitor shuts off when laptop close (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- External monitor stopped working with laptop (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- Toshiba laptop screen not working (Solved) » Forum - Screen
- HP laptop display not working (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- Hp pavilion has black screen problem (Solved) » Forum - Screen
I think I found the answer: What works for me is when I make the monitor the main display and they make sure that the option 'multiple displays' is on 'extend these displays'. Now, when I close the lid, the screen remains on my monitor. Obviously, the options I am talking about are in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution. So when you do all this and close the lid on your laptop, the screen on your monitor goes black for 2 seconds and then remains the way it was.
My new window 7 laptop (compaq)get logged off with in few minute after started.laptop giveS me a notice that ur window will logged within a minute how can I fix it.