BLUE SCREEN - hang / reboot ... please HELP !

Solved/Closed
abha - Sep 23, 2008 at 10:46 AM
 therealme - Nov 26, 2014 at 06:35 PM
Hi
I noticed after reading thru some of the posts that you people are very helpful here. Like Ibby.
I have been facing this problem for last few months on my IBM T60 Laptop running XP Pro OS. I get a blue screen and then the computer hangs ... showing some NMI parity check. It would boot up only when we press the power off button and then press on again - but in whole booting it wud go directly into the same blue screen. The only way possible to get my data was to boot uo in safe mode... where it seemed to work ok. I went back to IBM .. they cudnt do anything .. they said they changed the motherboard, updated the BIOS, and formatted my HDD....this is like in April. Then the notebook seemed to work fine for a few days.

Yet again the blue screen started in May first week ... however this time it was a lesser problem though still a problem. While working suddenly ... after a few minutes of work but still randimly, the screen wud turn blue and now showed Memory Dump and then then ut wud reboot on its own... this used to happen anywhere from 5 minutes repetion to 1.5 hours... I tried changing the single sodimm of 1 GB into a single SODIMM of btranded same specs memory of 2 GB thinking that something may be wrong with the memory, and the problem worsened. Now it felt like it wasgoing into some kind of a loop... the rebooting was happening within every 2 minutes. I changed back to the original 1GB SODIMM, and got back to the same status as described above. The problem happens suddenly .. and I have not been able to find any corelation to any particular software or internet or wireless commectivity with this error. Usually I am just using ... WORD, EXCEL , MS OUTLOOK, MSN MESSANGER , ADOBE ... nothing niche actually

Spoke to IBM techincal guys .. they said software problem. I spoke to Microsoft ... and gave them the error code... that used to come everytime the PC wud reboot.. saying something lilke ...

MESSAGE AFTER REBOOT

1. POP UP SCREEN / WINDOW SAYS FOLLOWING
THE SYSTEM HAS RECOVERED FROM A SERIOUS ERROR. A LOG OF THIS ERROR HAS BEEN CREATED.
PLEASE TELL MICROSOFT ABOUT THIS PROBLEM

THERE IS AN ERROR SIGNATURE WHICH READS AS FOLLOWS

BCCode :10000007F
BCP1 : 0000000D
BCP2 : 00000000
BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000
OSver : 5_1_2600
SP : 3_0
Product : 256_1

Below the above error signature is the following info in the same pop up screen / window

TWO BLOCKS / OPTION - SEND ERROR REPORT ..... AND 2ND ONE SAYS - DONT SEND ERROR REPORT

ALSO THERE IS ANOTHER TWO LINKS - ONE IS THERE TO CHECK TECHNICAL DETAILS & OTHER ONE FOR MICROSOFT PRIVACY POLICY .. IF U SEND THE ERROR REPRT TO THEM

2. IF U HAVE CLICKED .. CHECK TECHNICAL DETAILS IN THE ABOVE THEN THE FOLLOWING ERROR signature pops up in a separate pop up window

ERROR REPORT CONTENTS
C:\DOCUMENT~1\THINKPAD\LOCAL~1\TEMP\WER4a68.dir00\Mini081508-01.dmp
C:\DOCUMENT~1\THINKPAD\LOCAL~1\TEMP\WER4a68.dir00\Sysdata.xml

This was a month ago. Microsoft said this is hardware problem due to overheating of the machine perhaps. Anyways rather than going to the Ibm guys as they suggest the easiest is to reformat which still didnt serve the purpose since the last time ... so I tried doing some more investigation or else buy a new laptop.

Someone told me to download CCLEANER and try fising the registry and also clean away most unwanted problems.
Well indeed it did fix up a lot of registry issues... so it seemed. And for a 2 weeks the machine was perfect !! I thot I had saved myself.. But again for last few days .. the same rebooting started... and has happened 3-4 times in 2 weeks... the error is the same MEMORY DUMP and the error report contents are as follows -( the file names or memory dump names have changed )-

The latest error message now shows the following error message when it is sending the error code to Mictrodoft if I check the details as -

ERROR REPORT CONTENTS
C:\DOCUMENT~1\THINKPAD\LOCAL~1\TEMP\WER22c6.dir00\Mini092208-01.dmp
C:\DOCUMENT~1\THINKPAD\LOCAL~1\TEMP\WER22c6.dir00\Sysdata.xml

The only thing I can understand is that even now when I run CCleaner ... there is one pending issue that it reflects in the registry everytime and that is -

Problem - Missing TypeLib Reference
DATA - IOutlookPlug - {4A3451BE-99E0-476C-AE7F-C2A5671AC22E}
Registry key - HKCR\Interface\{A9CC9305-0A30-4015-92A0-0711EE24E720}

I try to fix it everytime ... CCLEANER SOFTWARE WINDOW GIVES FOLLOWING MESSAGE -

The TypeLib referenced at: Interface\{A9CC9305-0A30-4015-92A0-0711EE24E720} could not be located. These references are often left behind after uninstalling software.

Solution: Delete the registry key.

I press ( FIX ISSUE ) -
It shows - ISSUE FIXED but again the sane message crops up when I run the ccleaner to analyse registry problems.

Could there be any corelation between these.

I am really very depressed because of unable to solve this issue. and would be very very very very grateful to anyone who can help

I am running - NORTON INTERNET SECURITY SOFTWARE. Also I am running windows defender. I also use MSN Messanger frequently. That all about the softwares that areinstalled.

I was using IE 6.0 until few days ago and recently downloaded IE 7.0 but the problem was there earlier also and is still there.

Looking forward for some kind soul to help me

Regards

Abha
Related:

31 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 18, 2010 at 04:07 AM
If your computer facing lack of SATA drivers here is solution to Fix BSOD
http://techchand.org/1/how-to-fix-blue-screen-on-windows-xp-installation
Hi guys, I had same problem and solve it. First of all 2 important things. Through check how much presure is the cooler making on the processor and second. Either win xp or vista !!! 32 BIT !!! is not ready to work with above 4 gigs of ram above 667 mhz. If you guys hace 4 gigs try taking 1 gig out and try to use it with 3. allso important check that all drivers are the proper ones for your specific devices and that these are all up to date. If the sistem will load in SAFE MODE, then probably its a driver/setup error. Try to remember what was the last driver/software you loaded befere pc started to report blue screen or reset itself.
gwendolyn0329
Apr 14, 2010 at 08:29 PM
You are experiencing a series of different problems, one of which is an infected or corrupted file that is disguising itself as a what you think to be a temporary internet file; it's not and it will slowly eat bits and pieces from here and there on your hard drive. The files you mentioned:
1\Temp\WER1f5e.dir00\Mini092208-01.dmp (this extension is not a dump file; if it is a typo and should say .tmp then it is not a temporary file either or it would not still be there!
\Temp\WER1f5e.dir00\sysdata.xml is a corrupted file that will continue to get worse. XML is eXtensible Markup Language-used to allow communication between instant message users. It is also used in any type of internet program that needs an open line of communication-as when you are advised to send the details of the error messages to microsoft so they may fix the problems! First of all, disable Norton's, uninstall it and all the files that are associated with it; never use it again because hackers have written programs to bypass nortons firewalls, next, you need to stop running the cleaner program; it is allowing bidirectional communication to the infor on your computer. As long as the port is open, your computer and all the information you have stored in your personal files are open for all to see. It only takes a moment for an expert to get in and locate your credit card number, or social security number. Unless you are an expert, stay away from the systom bios-if you decide to change something, change one thing at a time so that you will know what to change back! Never format your hard drive; because without a boot disk especially for your computer that has commands such as commmand.com, boot.exe, system.ini, format.exe, etc.,(all the basic DOS commands). then you have only created a time comsuming task to perform. Reinstalling windows is not as simple as it used to be because computers no longer come with the full version; only a recovery disk. Stay away from sites such as Myspace, Facebook, basically any social networking website or program. If you must visist these sites, run windows security essentials immediately upon logging off. Trend Micro is an excellent virus protection program and so is AVIR. After you have uninstalled instant messenger, nortons/symantec, mcafee virus protection, and any other type of messenger that will require the port to be left open for more than a few minutes, you then can uninstall any of the programs that you are not using-like netzero, powercinema, quicktime, real player, media player, (you only need to keep on of them, usually the one that came with your computer will run all movies and pics. Picaso-get rid of it, memeo backup, google desktop, sidebar, accellorators, translaters-if you don't use it, you don't need it on there to conflict with all the other stuff. Once you have successfully uninstalled all of these programs, run the microsoft essentials update and virus scan, create a restore point and give it a unique name...get on the internet, download trend micro, update the definitions and run another virus scan. Now you can restore your computer using the system restore disk that came with it or one of the ealiest restore points saved on your computer. This will take a long time,. a coupld of days, run a defrag every night, and a virus update and scan every day. Back up your files to a flash drive once a week and your system will run better than you can ever remember. That comes from 30 years of hands on trial and error and a few years of school! Have fun. Stay aways from those instant messengers!
it sounds as though you may have a malware problem if you get a malware software and load it in and run it should resolve your problem

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
please solve my notebook problem
pleae fast ur service so I can do this
If you run norton internet security and windows defender in the same computer it's going to crash
I will be looking to this post because I too have the very same problem. I had it for some time though. I don't
know how to fix it either. I have another PC that I loaded all my data because on this PC.... the one with the
blue screen, I don't trust. Someone told me is may be a conflict with my drivers.

1\Temp\WER1f5e.dir00\Mini092208-01.dmp
\Temp\WER1f5e.dir00\sysdata.xml

Actually, the blue screen has disappeared this last week, and now it goes totally dark. I reboot and I have the
same message of serious error as I did with the blue screen. What is worse.... it is happening more frequently.
I have NOD32 antivirus system.

Help me too please. And thank you so much for any help.
when I installed windows than my computer show error massages.it show every time error code in blue screen.
BSOD's can be the sympton for a variety of causes.
Try some generic trouble shooting first such as running a full disk check to see if it can fix faulted registry entries or find errors with the disk surface.

Easiest way to do so is going into windows, right click your C:\ drive (Presuming this is where Windows is installed onto (Forget about the other drives at the moment)

Once right clicked selectc Properties>>Tools>>and under disk cheking select check now.
Mark both the option boxes to fully scan the disk and apply + reboot PC.
Let it run it's think (Might take some time, 15-30 minutes, so go have a coffee)

See if that fixes the issues.
As for registry programs such as RegistryDoctor or CCleaner. My advice is not to use programs such as those unless you keep a backup of older registries and are able to reload the previous registry entries back to Windows registry when things start to fail.

Anyhow, try the disk check. If you can't get into Windows then try starting up Windows if not there are other ways to get it started
you should try rebooting with the BBOS first. ALso dont forget to add the external LAN settings.. HUB 10145 can be a big problem if you dont have the right GOS material. GOOD LUCK
- icanhelp
sandeep rawat
Nov 28, 2008 at 01:59 AM
hi dear
I am giving u some tips downlode some software on ur laptop and than run on ur laptop.
1.combofix
2.registeryfix
run one by one I think that will be helpfull for u

thanks and regard
sandeep rawat
Hey... wat anti virus u use? If its AVG, please uninstall that stupid antivirus. I solve 3 pc with the similar problem (hang, bsod) just by removing avg. Idiot avg. Waste lots of my time to figure out what's wrong with my pc. If this solution solve ur problem, gv me thumbs up.