Linksys router security code

Closed
Confused - Jan 31, 2010 at 01:13 PM
 Confused - Feb 2, 2010 at 05:21 PM
Hi I have a wireless router, which I use to connect my laptop to the internet. However, I need the code to get the internet on my Nintendo DSi and I would also like to get a new laptop at some stage, but I can't remember what code I used. Is there anyway I can reset the code?

6 responses

Hi sorry to pester you again, but I'm afraid that if I reset my router that I'll end up losing the internet on my computers, as when I got my laptop and was trying to get my internet onto it, I had to pay someone to come in and set up the wireless router for me, as it was too complicated for me. You mentioned changing the security type, how do you do this?
Hi thanks for your very helpful reply. I have done this and have been able to retrieve the key. However when I go to search for the internet on my dsi, psp and wii it doesn't pick my internet up, but picks up other internets in the area. When I go to manual set up on the consoles and type in the key, it still doesn't work, even though it is the correct key. Is there something else I need to do as well to pick up the internet on these consoles?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 31, 2010 at 04:41 PM
Download the program from this site and rund it on your working laptop it will display the key
https://download.cnet.com/s/wirelesskeyview/

Good Luck
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Feb 1, 2010 at 04:19 PM
You might try to reset the router - or change the security type.
Here is the wireless help site for the Wii
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/connectingOnline.jsp

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 2, 2010 at 05:05 PM
Then you had better not reset the router.
No I don't think I'll chance it, or I could end up with no internet at all. Anyway thanks for your help.

Regards

Lea