HP Pavilion Dv2000 Installation Problem

Closed
Rajby - Sep 22, 2008 at 07:16 AM
 sanku - Nov 1, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Hello,
i have a laptop HP Pavilion dv2000 with windows vista32-bit oprating system with SATA hard Drive, now i need to install windows Xp but i m unable to install i tired to try and find salutions but nothing ,in BIOS no option for disable SATA i was dowload some software like sp37005, sp36869 but show message this software version is not for your laptop
plz plz plz help me i need to install windows XP
Related:

3 responses

ronyIT Posts 15 Registration date Friday August 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2008 10
Sep 22, 2008 at 10:16 AM
hello,

its not sata which you should disable but rather an option called ACPI function just turn it off and then you should be able to install the windows normally. hope it helps you buddy
how to install windows Xp in HP Pavilion Dv2000, which comes with preloaded windows vista home.
dear its so easy and simple insert xp cd in ur cd room press the ESC button to change the boot order then give the path where u want instal winXP after that follow the instructions
Boss...please don't make tooo kiddy answers...even this century small kids can give these answers....You should also know there are a lot of people who are depending on these blog sites, spending a lot of money and time inorder to figure out a correct solution. i give you the solution.

First of all the laptop is equipped wit a sata HDD and windows xp CD wont recognize it.....so your answer is totally incorrect.
In order to make xp cd detect your HDD, you have to either slipstream your XP CD or you have to create a sata driver floppy...but the HP DV2000 laptop is not equipped with a Floppy drive. So you have to slipstream with nlite or other slip streaming appications. For slip streaming / integrating the drivers to XP CD go to google and make a search, you will get a lots of answers.

The sata-ahci driver is available here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-39535-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=au&os=228&product=1817074

Please download it, decompress it and use any iso viewer to open the temp.IMA image and extract all the bootable files.....Integrate it with the windows Cd and make a bootable XP cd.

Thatz it...... thanks
Hello,
i have a laptop HP Pavilion dv2000 with windows vista32-bit oprating system with SATA hard Drive, now i need to install windows Xp but i m unable to install i tired to try and find salutions but nothing ,in BIOS no option for disable SATA i was dowload some software like sp37005, sp36869 but show message this software version is not for your laptop
plz plz plz help me i need to install windows XP