HELP I have uninstalled my CD/DVD-ROM driver!

Solved/Closed
jacko468 Posts 4 Registration date Sunday September 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2008 - Sep 21, 2008 at 09:40 PM
 Lindz - Dec 20, 2012 at 09:52 PM
Hey guys OMG please help me out. I would really rather not see a tech if it is possible but if I have to, I guess I have to. Okay well vista is very lame and seems to be all honkey dorey in the beginning and horrible within the year. anyway, I have a HP pavillion dv2000, vista premium, and I have uninstalled the driver, does anyone know how I can fix it? I dont know how to take my driver out so that's not an option, i'm really hoping there's some software I could use to fix it?

thanks in advance guys!
Related:

35 responses

How do I reinstall my DVD-CD drivers
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. It fixes my DVD cd and also I can burn DVDs again.
tassemania Posts 22 Registration date Wednesday August 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2009 6
Sep 22, 2008 at 07:24 AM
hello,

just go to the hewlett packard web site and try to download the driver for the devices and if you cant get them then just tell me what is the device name that you are in search of and then ill give you a link
i have no idea how I uninstalled my cd/cd-rw/dvd-rom drive but I did and the hp site did not have anything that I could use if you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. thankyou and have a good day, Troy.
I've got a LG GH22LS30, need link for drivers, PLEASE. Have yellow triangle with black exclamation in center by dvd drive THANKS RL
hey I have a compaq presario c700 and for some reason it doesnt let me see the movies it has driver not installed what would I have to do to try and fix it is there a website or something for me to get it please let me know
My DVD ROM Drive was messing up in the process of troubleshooting it I somehow either deleted or uninstalled and now don't have a drive to put the main disk in to reload it. all I know is the info the best I can tell on what it was is one of the two below. If you can tell me where I can download the driver from it would be great. Don't see it available on the Hp site This is for an HP Pavillion 7955

it is either: IONDER DVD-RO @ VD-16-1 or
PIONDER DVD-ROM@VD16-1 Please let me know at the email if you can help
Thanks J
nate > charlie
Feb 28, 2009 at 10:53 PM
i have a compac 7600 did you ever fix it because mine wont let me download wow
hahahhaha thts funny. thts exactly how I got mine uninstalled in the first place!!!but idk what happened but it reappeared again, with errors still, but it like reinstalled itself or something like tht, im not really sure how it appeared but I followed ross's instructions and it fixed my problems I had withe the DVD to begin with sooooo IDK........if anything when it does come back or something, use it it worked for me.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
just do back up
I just finished burning a dvd and when I looked to get another from my vuze program to burn to a dvd I could not find the icon for windows dvd maker on my desk top nor could I find it anywhere in my computer ..it was not in the startup menu either ...the icon and the dvd maker program just vanished ...how do I get it back ...I typed this into system restore and nothing changed ...a few weeks ago the windows media player ..the latest version went on the missing list as well ..I tried to get that back but didn't succeed either,can you help me
Thank you so much!!!! The fix worked and I have a cd/dvd player again!!! I am so excited!
Absolutely awesome! I spent hours upon hours trying to figure it out until I ran across that THANK YOU!
go to device manager and then click action and then scan for hardware changes... worked for me... hope it works for you...
Hi ROss Plz HELP ME ..

i am runing windows ex p 2000 , my LG Cd dvd/cd rom the .. drivers are missing.. I tri downlode the drivers .. never find any link for it . plz help or let me know about the proper links to downlode the drivers ... I am waiting for your replay so badly lol plzzzzz
aliyan just do back up I did myin and it worked
Ross, you're a legend

THANKS MAN!!
Henrik from Sweden says THANK YOU to Ross from Philippines <3
I had the same problem with me new lap top HP dv4- 1125nr and it is not even older than 6 months. I watch DVDs on it and last night I found out the lap top would not recognize the DVD at ALL. I thought the DVD was corrupted so I waited until today February 27, 2009 to check it on my DVD player on my flat screen TV. It worked so I knew something was wrong on lap top.
Anyways, I try to update the software and did not work, I deleted the DVD program via Device Manager. I restarted the computer and did not recognize the DVD either.
Finally, I tried to Start> Run> Regedit and look for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Control>Class once class is open look for the definition on the right side that has DVD/CD-ROM drives on the right side once you see it look for Upperfilter or Lowerfilter.
I found UPPERFILTER only. Then, I deleted it and Restarted the computer.
NOTE: make a backup in case to be safe. I personally did not back up anything since you usually have restore points for any mistake you may make on your computer, but you cannot go wrong by backing it up.
As soon as I inserted the DVD the Lap top recognized the Movie.

Try it I hope it works, I hate to see lap tops giving trouble specially when new.
thanks but my computer doesn't have a CurrentControlSet so I can't use that.
Thanks Ross..

This was the exact solution I required !
It solved my problem just like that .. I was worried that I may have to re install vista all over again.

Thanks for the big help.
Hiya! I Have exactly the same problem as the person above I can find the address you mentioned on my computer but there is no right panel saying anything to do with filters? If you could let me know anyway to get round this please let me know! Thanks!
CLW1133 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 18, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2009
Jan 19, 2009 at 08:45 AM
Hi - Had the exact same problem with Cd/DVD drive disappearing.. I have an Acer Aspire 5100 notebook, Windows Vista. Here's what I did and it successfully restored my CD/DVD drive. Good luck. Hope this works for you too.
Follow these steps:

Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Lock button , and then click Restart.

Do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, repeatedly press the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

If your computer has more than one operating system installed, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system that you want to start by using Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER. Windows will then resume starting normally.