Can't open hotmail in Firefox

Solved/Closed
mrT - Sep 19, 2008 at 12:59 PM
 onetimeposter - Dec 20, 2012 at 03:50 PM
HI,
I can't open Hotmail in firefox 3.01. I have been trying all the web advice for a couple of months. I have entered hotmail and all the possibilities (i.e.: https://login.live.com) in Exceptions: Allow in for cookies, pop-ups etc.
I have also tried to reset the vendor. no luck. Any Suggestions? thanks
Related:

23 responses

it worked, lol
Nov 12, 2009 at 09:26 AM
Easy fix
1. Enter your password and press enter.
(A page were you can't look at your e-mail appears. Look at the address-bar.)
2. Remove everything before and after mail.live.com and press enter.
(it also worked to remove everything after mail.live.com)

sn107w.snt107 looked strange and mail.live.com was what I recognized... so I removed everything else.
and it worked, lol.
junkspywarehidinginfirefoxandhotmail
Dec 28, 2009 at 05:21 PM
Here's an easier fix and the ONLY safe fix!
1. Delete all hotmail email accounts or give ALL your info to ALL 3rd parties involved, (and believe me hotmail has LOTS of them). It's your choice. To give away ALL your info or not. Simple!

2. Delete firefox, it's OPEN software people. ANY decent hacker can do anything to firefox they want to. IE actually works and is much more secure as it is NOT open software! Firefox only works sometimes and only works on some websites! And if You get the latest firefox expect major problems. Firefox loves to use it's "customers" to "try out" their new software and You WILL have major problems and usually lose a lot of info. Been there done that and I ACTUALLY LEARNED FROM IT! Will You?

3. Get smart! If something only opens when You allow ALL 3rd party cookies it is NOT a safe site and they will sell or give away ALL your info.
junkspywarehidinginfirefoxandhotmail
Dec 28, 2009 at 05:11 PM
Problem solved in 3 easy steps!

1.The main problem is GREED itself. Hotmail wants You to allow ALL third party cookies in order to use hotmail so they can get paid big bucks for You being forced to read their ads. So an easy, (but very stipid) fix is to allow all third party cookies. Then You WILL get tons of spam and phony emails, guaranteed!! The best fix of all is opening a yahoo email account. Yahoo doesn't suffer from this greed problem hotmail has created for itself. If You are smart You WILL STOP USING HOTMAIL!

2.Next step is getting rid of firefox. It's crap, plain and simply. It's dangerous open software that any hacker can easily do pretty much anything to. If You are smart You will STOP USING FIREFOX!

3.Get smart! Keep your computer and your info SAFE! Do NOT use hotmail or firefox and You won't have these greed problems. Think about this: Do You want one company having all your info, or would You rather have hundreds and even thousands of companies having all your info simply by using one "brand" of email? Allowing 3rd party cookies only invites EVERY advertising company hooked up with hotmail into your computer! But if You only allow hotmail cookies then only hotmail gets ALL your info. Since it is impossible to log-on to hotmail without allowing ALL 3rd party cookies using firefox it tells me that both hotmail and firefox collects and sells every bit of your info they can. If You log-on to hotmail using IE You do NOT have to allow ALL 3rd party cookies, You do NOT have to allow ANY 3rd party cookies. That simply says IE is NOT collecting and selling every bit of your info they can.

And to all the morons that simply download ANY Windows mail program, guess what.....You are now downloading every email sent to You directly onto your computer, along with every virus and trojan that all get blocked by using a server based email, like Yahoo. I'd rather have yahoo servers get infected rather than my own computer, but to each his own. If You really enjoy dealing with viruses and trojans go ahead and download ANY windows email program and there You go, have fun! Just don't send me any of your super infected emails from your super infected computer.

Get smart people!!! Delete hotmail!! Delete firefox!!! DUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!!
onetimeposter
Dec 20, 2012 at 03:50 PM
"That simply says IE is NOT collecting and selling every bit of your info they can. "
If you really believe this then you have been sadly misinformed.
M$ do not miss one opportunity to collect data one way or other.

Maybe FF is not the best choice, but it is far more secure than IE. One of the best add-ons (Adblock Plus) until "toward the end of this year" has only been available in Chrome and FF. Maybe, once they release it for the other browsers, I might try one or more of them again.
YAY!!!! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE & HATE explorer!! Glad to be back on FF!! :o)