Sounds from my speakers work fine when I am using Skype......but when I go to play any other media, like lets say a youtube video.....I can't hear a thing.
I don't know why. I go to Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices.....it says I have no audio devices. This doesn't make sense if I can make calls from Skype just perfectly.
I get an error every time I start my computer about an I/O problem....could this be it?
- Soung from skype works, no other sounds work
- Sound won't work at all. (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- No sound on LCD TV with HDMI cable » How-To - Hardware
- Sound doesn't work (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- Laptop sound on TV with HDMI cable (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- Cannot hear sound from headphones (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
I have a similar problem. Skype starts with startup. There was no problem until about three months ago. Now I have only skype audio. If I shut down the skype, I get everything back. Then I restart skype, no broblem what so ever, I have all the audio. When I shut down the audio, I have to play something before I restart the skype otherwise I will have only skype audio.