Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Dark screen?! [Solved/Closed]

Kev255 - Latest answer on Jun 23, 2013 01:32PM
Hi!
I just recently noticed that my screen is much darker than usual.
Iíve tried turning it up really high in the control center but it doesnít change very much. Then I noticed the screen goes back to normal when I open the catalyst control center. But then it goes back to dark if I minimize it!
Any suggestions? Also, I have the latest drivers (8.1) for my 2600xt 512mb card.
Read more 
Answer
+51
moins plus
To fix go into the nvidia control panel, display, adjust desktop colour settings, and up in the right hand top corner of htat screen you'll find some text that says restore defaults. click that then apply and all should be fixed.

haala- Mar 6, 2010 10:02PM
i need help for drker scream how can i fix dat?
Elly May- Apr 13, 2010 07:50PM
Wow! Thanks, mate! My screen is heaps better now :D Thankyou! x x
Cultist- Apr 15, 2010 01:09PM
that default thing just returns my screen to normal dark way ..
alonsov 1Posts Tuesday June 18, 2013Registration date June 18, 2013Last seen - Jun 18, 2013 07:51PM
You're the best. I've been having this problem for months. I made an account just to thank you. THANKS!!!
Vee- Jun 23, 2013 01:32PM
This worked for me as well, tysm ^_^
Answer
+13
moins plus
By the way, if you do not have NVIDIA like me, you can just open up CCC and go to "Advanced" Next, press colour and then press Re-activate ATI colour controls. Then press aply and quit, your problem should be solved, again, like mine!!!

joker48210- Jun 17, 2010 09:01PM
what is CCC ?
Galisteo8- Jul 11, 2010 01:25AM
ccc is catalyst control center, I presume.
Meer- Aug 25, 2010 09:10AM
Yes! Thank you this one works.
Answer
+3
moins plus
Hello you!

I have only something to add, just don't minimize the catalyst control center... Then, for sure you know your screen will continue to function normally...lol Sorry if i don't have something better to share!!

This document entitled « Dark screen?! » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.