Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

No Icons on my PC only Desktop Background [Solved/Closed]

DULLAH - Latest answer on Nov 15, 2012 12:32AM
Hello,
When i try to turn on my PC no any icons display only desktop background i've click CTRL+ALT+Delete en then New task then i type explorer then i click ok but no responce up to this moment nothing have change so pls whats the problem
Read more 
Answer
+260
moins plus
Right-click the desktop, Arrange Icons By, Show Desktop Icons
Thanks for Google :)

ross- Nov 12, 2009 11:34AM
Brilliant, thank you very much, just sorted it.
Dima- Jan 6, 2010 08:11PM
Worked a charm! (win 7 x64)
coolnigah- Oct 7, 2012 08:35AM
thx
aman- Nov 9, 2012 07:46AM
thanxx it worked
Vilas- Nov 15, 2012 12:32AM
Yes, it works.
Answer
+58
moins plus
helloooooo when u c only desktop background ...just press control+alt+delete
enter new task(run)
type explorer.exe there..
try it....

needyourhelp- Mar 23, 2010 03:26AM
wHAT IF IT SAYS THE FILE CANNOT BE FOUND?
maria- Apr 24, 2010 01:52PM
thanks alot my problem solved
tenor1- May 1, 2010 08:22AM
thank you MR Genius whew that was really needed
senor- Jun 20, 2010 10:12AM
Genius! Saved me an hour drive to my pc working remote!
winter- Oct 10, 2012 06:58AM
how about if it directs you to my documents?
Answer
+12
moins plus
No icons and toolbar appear on my desktop. Please if u have asolution tell me.

Answer
+11
moins plus
Hi everyone, my laptop has been infected with a netsky virus (not the pc i am using now). When i switch it on I get my desktop picture but no icons or task bar, also when I ctrl alt del it says task manager has been disabled by your administrator (i am the administrator). i cant log off only go into hibernate. how do i get access to my files etc or reload when i get no files?

Please help me, i have assignments due soon!!

Elgin

Answer
+10
moins plus
I had the exact same problem.
I was able to bring up task manager and loged off the current user and loged back in again.
This fixed the problem.

I hope this helps

Kara- Mar 12, 2009 11:55PM
Don't download anything named Smart Anti-Virus 2009 or anything similar in name. As user/idiot Yusuf knows, this is a rogue anti-spyware program originating from the Russian Federation which, in both trial and full versions, will report false positives and render one or several of your installed programs to cease functioning. There are multiple sources from which to download Smart Anti-Virus 2009 removal tools.
talb angelj - Mar 11, 2009 10:29AM
Hi,
the best way to solve this problem is :
press ALT+CTRL+DEL
then NEW TASK and enter C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\msconfig
then you go to TOLLS and then SYSTEM RESTORE.
enter the date for restore and all ok after restart.

Tal
Israel
sunshine- Aug 17, 2009 04:39PM
Thanks! It worked when nothing else would. Such an easy solution!!
grizlap1 talb - Nov 12, 2009 03:06PM
Thanks,
Worked like a charm. note that the systen re-booted twice automatically then all was well.
Ajesity- May 8, 2010 02:33PM
Thank God my problem have solve i tried all the process but could not get it done i finally got a xp cd and run it and made a repair den evrything got back to how it was GREAT! just did repair
Answer
+10
moins plus
right-clik -> arange icons -> show icons

Answer
+8
moins plus
no icons on my pc

Answer
+8
moins plus
when i start my pc only wallpaper shows no icons.it displays nothin please help

Answer
+7
moins plus
I have the same problem. Though I have not solved the issue, I discovered a temporary workaround accidentally. After you get the wallpaper, bring up the task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+Delete. Then select the 'New Task' button and type 'cmd' to bring up command prompt. At the command prompt type 'explorer' to bring up windows explorer and voila! the icons should appear.

Devdutt

ahenaninapua- Apr 9, 2009 04:11AM
Oh My God!!! Thank You SOOOOO Much!!!! It works perfectly!!!
mbb_1983- Mar 21, 2010 09:25AM
thank you soo much for the help, this thread really works out....
crompo- May 18, 2010 07:36AM
i did so n the prob 'has been solved but i restarted the com i found the same prob but this time threre is no response to run explorer ...................plz i wanna along lasting soloution to this prob
mark- Jun 4, 2010 07:57AM
hey.. when i type explorer it doesn't work.. how should i put it
jersey- Nov 8, 2012 05:15AM
good...it solved the problem
Answer
+7
moins plus
hey i came across this forum and wanted to say that i had the same issue and laughed at my solution. What happend is my daughter was playing around with the mouse and on windows 7 if you right click on the desktop and go to view you have an option to turn off the desktop icons. For anyone having this issue and if you have already tried the control alt delete approach try right clicking on your desktop and make sure the show desktop icons is selected. Other then that thanks for all the help and this was a very informative site.

Codi

Answer
+6
moins plus
Thankyou!

Your are gennius!

Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi i had exactly the same problem on a dell inspiron..i found that if you turn it off, and then when you turn it back on, press cntrl+alt+delete when it says resuming windows... it sould come up with 2 options and choose the one that isnt continue with system resume....hope it works for you xx

Answer
+4
moins plus
I also have the same problem as you now , and also do the same way as you too, and i've try to click the mound with the Right-on the desktop, but it was no action.
SO , if you can soft it already, ple tell me too. by sent me a mail. thank you so mush
Toui

Christian- Jan 5, 2009 08:48PM
I am having the same problem. If you pre control alt delete and go to file run you will be able to get to the cd rom drive.
Kenneth- Feb 7, 2009 11:45PM
pls..help my computer shows only backround i need really rellay help i cant right clack and no action when i crtl alt delete
Answer
+4
moins plus
avast save the day...

Answer
+4
moins plus
Close to throwing the other one out ,, i have the same promblem , only i cant get the tAask bar to come up ,nothing , tried safe mode still a blanke screen ,, i cant afford to loose whats on the computer i run a sign bus and have many ,many files that took hours to create ,, any ,any advice will be appreciated

Answer
+4
moins plus
This is caused due to the virus
To enable this task bar
Log on as a Administrator and go to Run >> on command prompt type:- gpedit.msc
on new window of Group policy Pops up
Go to User configuration >>Administrative Templates >>System >ctrl+alt+del
click on remove task manager and Disable it >> ok

Done.........

ife- May 29, 2010 08:12AM
Thanks Arun. You are a gennius. this laptop has been abandoned for 3months and you have just brought it to live.....i owe it to you. THANK YOU VERY MUCH MATE!!!!! XXX
Answer
+3
moins plus
thnk u very very much man
your the men

Answer
+3
moins plus
Hellooo everyone!Thanks for the help..your sooo great.
It works that easy..getting prob a while ago for more than 3 hours.
Thanks again..Continue helping..your post are really helpful to someone like me..mwaaah☺

macy- Dec 20, 2009 04:23PM
thank u very much i just thought dat i had lost my icons 4 ev. i even had to change my start button to the next so i could get my icons back but it didn't work so god bless u al and again thanks
Answer
+3
moins plus
DEAR FRIENDS I FACED THIS PROBLEM & I FOUND A PERFECT SOLUTION JUST CONSIDERING VIRUS IS THE ONLY REASON OF THIS PROBLEM AND ONLY SOLUTION IDS RESTORE WHICH CAN SIMPLY DONE BY CLICKING CT ALT DL AND IN NEW TASK BAR JUST WRTE msconfig WHERE U GET THE OPTION OF RESTORE JUST DO THE RESTORE AND RUN A GOOD ANTI VIRUSE AFTER RESTORING AND DELETE NEW RECENT DOWNLOADED SUSPICIOUS DATA ...CHEERS

LOLZKIE- May 16, 2010 10:24PM
IT REALLY WORKED THANKS
Answer
+3
moins plus
Thank you so much . It worked. Thanks to google and nice people

1 2 Next
This document entitled « No Icons on my PC only Desktop Background » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.