Recherche
Ask a question Report

How to unlock num lock on Vista Home Basic [Solved/Closed]

105HOW - Latest answer on Jan 27, 2013 08:58AM
Hello,
Number Lock on, on status bar.How do i unlock and remove from status bar?
Read more 
Answer
+84
moins plus
Press 2 keys at the same time: "FN" (next to the CTRL key, lower-left of the keyboard) and "num lk", which is the upper-right of the keyboard (it is on the same key as "scroll", and is next to "F12"). This will either turn on or turn off the "Num Lock" function. Both the "FN" and "num lk" are enclosed in a small rectangle. They are easy to see.

Niki- Jun 16, 2010 03:56AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! IT WAS KEEPING BUGGING ME!!! NOW IM FREE!!! YAAY!! BACK TO WORK!!! ^_^
tj- Jul 6, 2010 04:46AM
it worked thanks :)
skinny- Oct 31, 2012 06:08AM
it works but everytime i press the caps key it turns the num lock back on any clues how to stop it?
Edward- Dec 12, 2012 08:42PM
thanks for the help !!!!
Shanne 8- Jan 27, 2013 08:58AM
Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!!
Answer
+23
moins plus
hi
i wanna know the vista home basic product key

Answer
+17
moins plus
please help me...
i wan't product key for my windows vista home basic..
now... thanks all

toshiba- Jun 1, 2010 03:30PM
ay i have a problem with my laptop i can open it he say let activate windows but i don't have a 25 number for the activation can you help me please
Answer
+9
moins plus
Thank you SO much for this post. It is so very frustrating to have to go up and use those upper number keys when you are just inputting numbers and need the number board... or when you are used to using it to add in letters with accents, etc.
You have saved me a lot of time and aggravation.
THANKS A BUNCH!!

Answer
+7
moins plus
Hello,
hope you are doing fine. i have a samsung NC10 and i do not have a numlock key ..!

do u know what i can do to unlock number lock??

thanks

cindy- Jan 21, 2009 02:59PM
YES I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW DO I GET THE. LOCK OFF UNDER MY NAME IT SAYS LOCK MY HUSBAND HIT BY MISTAKE. AND IT WONT COME OFF FOR SOME RESON HELP
wsm- Jan 21, 2009 03:49PM
heyyyy !! i found it: hit fn + f11
it wokrs!
Gazza- Jan 30, 2009 11:29AM
thanks - was driving me mad
tomtom- Jul 2, 2010 09:20AM
Tnx for the help, had same problem here
jak- Jul 5, 2010 04:27PM
that didnt work for me :( iv tried fn+f1 then i tried it with f2 etc. but nothings working. plz help.
Answer
+7
moins plus
Hi I have a toshiba.. How do I use FN WHEN I WANT To USE My 10 KEY on the side panel? Please help this is driving me nuts..

Answer
+7
moins plus
thanks.... i always used the speech recognition for the num lock to turn off... and it think there's another way to turn it off so i searched the net, and here it is, the answer... this really helps... thanks a bunch! :D

KK- Dec 19, 2009 12:37PM
THAN2 Y64!
Answer
+5
moins plus
sdasdadsda

Answer
+4
moins plus
Thanks SO MUCH!!
I thought a fuse had went inside the thing !!
Ur suggestion settled my nerves in the space of 5 secs :)

Answer
+4
moins plus
thanks so much i was so lost

Answer
+3
moins plus
Thank you very much, bro... it's a very simple solution, but in a stressed situation, these little things are like magics.Thanks again.

Answer
+3
moins plus
thank you my husband tried for 2 hours and your tip took me 2 seconds thank you xx

Answer
+3
moins plus
Dang I finally found it Thanks I needed the lock off and fn and f11 works

no skill office girl- Sep 24, 2009 08:04AM
Thanks so very much! What an easy fix to a big pain problem!
Sanna- Apr 20, 2010 06:56AM
wat is fn???? i cant find it anywhere
robin hood- Oct 27, 2012 07:40PM
Thanks! - after endless exhortations to press 'Fn' + 'Num Lok', and over an hour spent trying to find latter key - on Samsung Q210 - at last the 'magic' symbol itself, 'F11' is miraculously unveiled by a former fellow-sufferer to whom my gratitude.

PS I now call it the 'Numb' Lok...
Answer
+0
moins plus
Thanks mate it worked, 5 stars! *****

Answer
+0
moins plus
Thankyou ! That helped !!

This document entitled « How to unlock num lock on Vista Home Basic » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.