Dell laptop 1545 wireless can't connect

Closed
sophmom - Jan 19, 2010 at 02:25 PM
 cathy - Oct 31, 2010 at 09:27 AM
Hello,
Just received my new dell laptop 1545 and cannot get internet connection at all. I have windows 7 o.s. Called dell and they can't see any resolve other than to refer me to a higher tier that requires more money be dished out on a brand new laptop...ridiculous!! I have disabled all firewalls and have Mcafee not Norton. Help!! Any suggestions?
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 20, 2010 at 06:20 AM
Hi there,

Do you have wireless network available at home or in your range?Are you able to connect vial lan cable?please give more information.

Thanks
hi..yes home network and it works with cable
cal > sophmom
Mar 16, 2010 at 12:35 PM
same problem here, have got a dell inspiron mini 10. I can connect via a cable but not with wireless. it just says acquiring network address for ever!
same problem here. It's a piece of crap.
i have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop wireless net card dosn't work .instaled driver software but system not rejected whay?
RobertMezbo Posts 2 Registration date Monday August 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 23, 2010
Aug 23, 2010 at 07:30 PM
I have a dell inspiron mini and the Wlan mini card doesn't seem to pick up a good enough signal for me to get the internet, is there a switch on the mini card or something, or a way to boost my signal, i saw a different laptop on the internet and he removed the battery from the back and took his card out and it had a switch, does my laptop mini have anything like that?
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Aug 24, 2010 at 09:03 AM
Make sure wireless adapter is installed and it works well, you can go to device manager to check and confirm. In addition, you can have a look on this Windows 7 wireless adapter configuration article, see whether can help.