Search result redirecting to another site

Solved/Closed
gunshot - Sep 14, 2008 at 10:42 PM
 joseph - Dec 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Hello,
I am really frustrted.Can someone plz help? I got infected with the Antivirus XP 2008 today. I removed it. But now having a problem. When I search using google and I try to click on a search result I am not able to open it.instead it is redirected to another site. How can it be fixed? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanx.
Related:

38 responses

thank you robertpo I think I got it
Simply go to Start-> Run-> msconfig

in Services , select hide Microsoft services and unclick all other services. Click Apply.
also in startup , unselect all services. Click Apply . and come out .

Select Exit without restart and check out. Pop Up would Stop. If you get POP up Viruses. Delete all the exes for that particular virus like for cyber security cs.exe ...

Clean registries winlogon-> notify and delete ...
when you restart , you get a mesege select donot show msg agn and ok.
you r all set
i dont have access to the registry, it is says disabled by administrator,a lthough im myself administrator and I did not disable it
ok if you click start and type: ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS'' then save as notepad then delete the websites that are under the hosts then restart your computer and BAM its problems solved any problems just contact me at bbcpark2000@gmail.com
dont see any entries in the hosts file and it appears the deafult entries.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Can anyone help me that How to check the name of the page from which the new site URL was redirected from the Old site URL. Basically I wana to know the URL of my old site. Can anyone help me ..?????
hi there!
i had this same problem and tried every thing listed on this post and nothing worked!

then I had a little brain storm that it might be in my add-ons, I use firefox by the way.

so I went Tools/ add-ons / extensions= then Uninstall pretty much everything.

this cured the problem of redirection and pop ups.

hope this hepls.
OK, I am using IE and had the same issue as everyone else. No anti-virus program would detect anything wrong, and sure enough, it was one of my plugins. I don't know which, but I disabled all the ones IE did not know where they came from.

Thanks for pointing that out Chris
Yeah, I do same. delete one weird call "plugin" from add on and my google result fix.

By the way, my result get direct just start from the second result and the rest, not for the top one>>> I try use another search engine like ask.com>> when I use left click It get direct again but when I use open new tabs command everything fix>> after delet addon everything seem nice so far.
thanks bro
thankyou! such a simple solution, wouldn't have thought it'd work but it did! nice 1! :-)
It was simple,,,,,all I had to do was to disable the AVG SECURITY TOOLBAR

Thanks
Brilliant! Thank you... worked like a charm.
Delete your Cookies and Change Your web browser. . . . . worked for me :D
after a long processes, I finaly got rid of trhis virus, thanks
I have the same problem I dont know what happened but its happening on all the web browers I have. E.G Internet explorer, google chrome and firefox.

I need help aswell.
Same problem here and this took me days of pulling my hair out. I have Sophos AV, I used the symantec online scanner, Ad-Aware, and Spybot and they found nothing. I downloaded that Simply Super Trojan Remover that's linked above. It found 2 entries to the same DLL and voila we are good to go.. THANK GOD! Thanks for posting this cause noone has a clue at this point,
where is the link for this?
i got redirected twice just trying to get here.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Apr 16, 2010 at 06:00 AM
Hello Zero

Download to your desktop Malwarebyte.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Once on your desktop, we must still outwit the virus.

Right click on the MBAM icon and click on rename. Rename it Kioskea.exe

Install Malwarebyte and launch it. From the second tab, update it.

Please, request a FULL system scan which should take more than hour. Once the scan is finish, delete all of item that were found.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.

Regards
My problem seemed to be an add-on as well. Specifically an old version of 'Java Deployment toolkit'. I disabled it and everything has been fine so far. We will see how long it lasts
Please help me how can I start my account
I have experienced the same problem. I used IOBit.com's free Advanced System Care package, which runs a suite of programs to optimize computer functions. Removal of malware, including hijacked functions is included. One pass of IOBit.com's software eliminated my Google redirect problems. I am running XP profressional 24/7, which is automatically updated.
Thanks for this post, I will try that.
Hi:

You might want to try this: (assuming you notice Google is being re-directed fairly quickly)

1. Run SpyBot or any other anti virus/malware application - which is ALWAYS a good thing.

2. Go to 'System Restore' in your MS OS (Windows 7, XP, etc.) and restore your system to a date prior to the date you first noticed Google searches were being redirected

This worked for me....and it's easy!!!
I had the same redirct problem as all the others. I downloaded Mirosoft Security Essentials... it found some stuff but didn't take care of the problem. I then tried Hit Man Pro, but it didn't work either.

The only thing that worked for me was Malware Bytes Anti-Malware. Thank God my isses are now gone!