Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

I disabled my sound device by mistake!! [Solved/Closed]

Saa - Latest answer on Jan 14, 2013 07:21AM
Hello,
The sound wasnt working on my sony vaio laptop so i disabled the sound device and thought i could enable it again. But now it says there is no sound device installed on my laptop and i dont remeber my laptop coming with any cd to re-install that. Where can i get an installation program for that. The model of my laptop is Sony VAIO VGN-NR38E/S. Please help!!!!
Saa
Read more 
Answer
+79
moins plus
All you need to do is right clock in the sound properties playback folder and hit "Show Disabled Devices". After searching the web for a half hour trying to find out what happened to my audio device, I felt really stupid after I noticed that.

manojjoshie- May 20, 2011 04:45PM
Thank you so much...
I found so much stupidity, i wasted 1 hour in this and then found your answer.
At least they should by default show all there.
Darn- Oct 13, 2012 08:49AM
Same here, spent 15 minutes in this and then found your answer. I was really worried, lol.
Thank's a lot :)
xIN3N- Oct 18, 2012 04:27PM
Goto here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\
right click on "MMDevices" select permissions, click add then click advance and then click on "Find Now" then you'll have the list select "Everyone" click OK twice and select Everyone at Groups or usernames box and be sure to select Full Control and Read means both are ticked...

then do this again for this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render
nuke- Jan 3, 2013 07:49PM
how do you get to that folder
Andrei- Jan 14, 2013 07:21AM
brilliant it worked for me too. may God bless you!
This document entitled « i disabled my sound device by mistake!! » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.