Ask a question Report

No volume control, icon or laptop buttons

CMin - Latest answer on Jan 11, 2010 11:23AM
Hello,
I have a compaq presario v2000. After getting a virus I can no longer control the volume through the volume icon (as I don't have the icon and can't get it even when clicking on the relevant place in the control panel) or through the buttons on my laptop. I do get sound but can't turn it up, down or mute it through the laptop buttons, howeve when going onto the sounds in the control panel I can turn the volume up and down. I don't have any error messages appear. I have read some other forum posts advising to download a driver but I already have a driver. I have also read to copy the sndvol.exe from a working computer to the Windows folder on my computer but this didn't work either. I no longer have the start up Windows XP cd but do have some information save on the computer from a previous back up.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the laptop buttons to work and or to get the volume control back n the tasbar as it is starting to et very annoying?
Read more 
Answer
+2
moins plus
1 way to get the vol icon back is to go to the Taskbar properties, then to the icons area and try restoring the default settings. However, you may lose some other icons.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
This website might help:
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/sujet-659-activate-volume-control-in-the-taskbar
Add comment
This document entitled « No volume control, icon or laptop buttons » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.