Ask a question Report

Flashing orange lock icon on belkin n router [Solved]

bc - Latest answer on Jul 15, 2014 04:27PM
Hello,
What does a flashing orange lock icon on a belkin n+ router mean?
Read more 
Answer
+68
moins plus
I just found out from Belkin support that the light will flash amber if someone tries to connect to your network and enters a wrong password.
ken- Dec 4, 2011 10:20PM
thats so bad,,,
ken- Dec 4, 2011 10:21PM
configure your router or so pwer cycle and reset
Joe- Jan 15, 2012 11:56PM
and then what do u do ?
Mryoubrian- Apr 28, 2012 02:19AM
When I get new neighbors in my apartment complex, my "wireless" light will blink amber letting me know that someone is scanning for an unsecure wifi signal that they can use for free. It blinks for about 30 seconds and then goes blank- that tells me that they were unsuccessful.

If you see it blink amber and THEN it blinks green- that means they tried to access your signal and are now transmitting data!

NOTE* I have Belkin router firewall on, wireless security on, Panda antivirus, Threatfire antivirus,Windows Defender and have not had a virus, malware, trojan or any other successful attack in over a year!

Nothing but smooth sailing so far.
di- Jul 15, 2014 04:27PM
HP LAPTOP, took out battery, replaced battery back in back of laptop, fan is running but black monitor? Sensor light is on but orange should be blue? Now what to do next to make it turn blue? Help
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I would love to know why. Cause mine does this very often! frustrating the crap out of me.
Add comment
This document entitled « flashing orange lock icon on belkin n router » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.