Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Dell Wireless WLAN Card has stopped Working [Solved/Closed]

Eddie - Latest answer on May 28, 2014 02:45AM
Hello,
my Dell Wireless WLAN card wireless network controller stopped working and was closed" This pops up when i turn on my comp. Its a dell 1520 inspiron with vista home . Any ideas on how to fix?
Read more 
Answer
+25
moins plus
I had this same problem with my Dell XPS. Chances are you computer has the same problem. If you haven't fixed it yet I have some problem solvers for you.

1. You're not running the latest drivers. (Easy installation)
2. It may not be your WLAN Card at all. It could be that your laptop is overheating and your computer responds to save your motherboard from overheating. Your card might just stop working because of this.

Where is your laptop located? On a desk or some sort of flat surface?
Do you have a fan running underneath it?

Squaw- May 28, 2011 05:04PM
The driver update is the most likely thing to fix it.
Answer
+8
moins plus
hi! i have discovered that sometimes, disabling the network adapter then re-enabling and re-entering the wep/psk key can restore it.

Doubtful- Apr 20, 2010 08:59AM
what if the network adapter does not appear in the network connections?
Russ- Jun 18, 2011 07:57AM
Yes this works - thanks
Answer
+6
moins plus
i using dell studio 1450 and find out that having the same problem where my WLAN will automatically disconnected intermediately. Any one had solve this problem?

saurabh- May 5, 2010 02:07PM
yes i have the same problem
the dude- Aug 2, 2010 12:36PM
My dw1525 disconnects constantly.... brand new dell, I wish it had a ethernet port
Answer
+4
moins plus
just had the same problem with a sony vaio, replaced the card and its all ok now.

Answer
+1
moins plus
hi eddie, i am having the same problem with my dell 1525 inspiron. my internet will not work at all and that same message about the WLAN card keeps popping up. did you ever fix it? if so how? thanks

Silvercode- Sep 23, 2010 08:48AM
Also check if you are running firewall software on your laptop - if so, turn it off and see if that helps things.
My wireless problem is that it takes about 3 connect/disconnect attempts manually to find the wireless router sitting 5 ft away. I tethered with my iPhone and it works fine on the first try - so I'm pretty sure its my drivers. I'm running windows 7.
Problem is - it won't let me update the drivers. I tried through Dell, and through the device drivers update screen with the same result - a message saying something about unable to update drivers try troubleshooting. Any ideas?
nika- Nov 27, 2012 11:56PM
how exactly do I reinstall after uninstalling when there is no netwok connection??
Bishop- Jan 31, 2014 05:38AM
Manual radio was my problem.
damian- Mar 2, 2014 01:18PM
Hey my latop goes on but the screen is black and the wlan light is iurning white and Orange what must I do
kryptonsamsung 1Posts Wednesday May 28, 2014Registration date May 28, 2014Last seen - May 28, 2014 02:45AM
same problem i am facing when u give a new name to the network it detects it and next day again its gone my network name not awalable on near by wifi networl im using 1525 too.
please help all updates to the driver done.
This document entitled « Dell Wireless WLAN Card has stopped Working » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.