Comparing Excel Columns - Help ASAP Please!

Closed
Lori - Jan 1, 2010 at 10:18 AM
 Gary Myers - Sep 4, 2014 at 07:57 PM
Hello,
I need help, please! I have two worksheets (C & Q). Each worksheet contains four columns, each column has different information(A=Date, B=Misc, C=Description, D=Amount), but both worksheets are alike. I am trying to compare Column D in both worksheets, in order to find missing data in Worksheet Q.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Related:

2 responses

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Jan 1, 2010 at 09:01 PM
your requirement is not full. If the macaro finds the missing data what do you want to with the missing data.; In my maco the data (in cold D) in sheet c which is missing in the same column in sheet q will be marked yellow. This may or may not be what you want to do with the missing data. any how I have given the macro below. Modify it with whatever you want.
first run the macro and see sheest c to get what happens and then modify the macro

Sub test()
Dim cfindq As Range, rc As Range, cc As Range, x As Double
On Error Resume Next

With Worksheets("c")
.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Set rc = Range(.Range("d2"), .Range("d2").End(xlDown))
For Each cc In rc
x = cc.Value
With Worksheets("q").Columns("D:D")
Set cfindq = .Cells.Find(what:=x, lookat:=xlWhole)
If cfindq Is Nothing Then
GoTo line1
Else
GoTo line2
End If
End With
line1:
cc.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
line2:
Next cc
End With
End Sub
I saw your coding and thought, hey maybe i can make that work for my problem. I guess I bit off more than I could chew.

I have two worksheets: NAB-Res Audit (07-01-14) and NAB VPN File (01-01 thru 09-01)

both worksheets have columns with a string of numbers and I'm trying to find out which numbers in NAB VPN do not show up in NAB-Res Audit.

In NAB-Res Audit the number string is in Column E and in VPN they are in column J. To further complicate matters, in NAB-Res Audit, the numbers are enclosed in quotation marks.

Ideally, I would want any number from NAB VPN that did not show up in NAB-Res Audit to be marked in some way. A yellow field seems fine. When we're doing it by hand, we have a column to the right of the numberstring (column K) that has as line one, Located in Res-Audit File (Y / N) and we supply the Y or N.

Can this macro of yours be modified to that purpose? Am I barking up the wrong tree. This is a task I preform every month and it takes several hours and seems like the kind of thing a compupter could do in seconds. I need help.