Ask a question Report

Having trouble with installing iTunes [Solved]

Darcy - Latest answer on Aug 17, 2013 03:44PM
Hello,
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I am unable to save iTunes onto my laptop. I have downloaded it at least 20 times and clicked the save button but it says that it has saved but it has not. Without itunes I am unable to set up my daughters ipod nano which I brought for her as a B'day present. I have even had my nephew out to try and he is a whizz on computers but he can't even do it. What can I do someone plz help me????? I have Vista.
Read more 
Answer
+3
moins plus
hi there,

when you bought the ipod didnt you get a cd installation with it?

if yes then install itunes from the cd and why do you want to download it?
kiara- Dec 25, 2008 04:25PM
i dont know cause my mom took it out of the pack and threw it in the trash before i even say it.
BONE- Jan 5, 2009 07:34PM
I bought my Ipod from someone and I dont have itunes on my computer what do I do?
lobomal- Jan 25, 2009 08:23PM
go to www.apple.com to download itunes I have done it for my computer and it works fine no problem no drama .
x_d0n-d0n_x- Apr 19, 2009 11:06AM
hey am havinq trouble..you c i qot a ipod in it usb cord hook to my computer in am on window media player in am tryinq to add sonqs to my ipod from window media playr but i dont know how..can you help me pleas
Jay- Jan 6, 2009 10:52PM
If it's a Nano, the Nano doesn't come with a disc. Itunes must be downloaded.
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
No I did'nt get an installation cd with it (I don't know why). I was told I have to install iTunes in order to setup the ipod as it is new. Also to sync music to it??????
15 year old hacker- Oct 28, 2008 05:02PM
um, you need to download itunes 8.0.1 from www.apple.com and then run it on your pc. after you install it it should be on the start>all programs menu if it doesnt automatically start. then when you plug in the ipod it should start, then download music from itunes and you can probably be able to do it from there. this will probaly be my only time on this blog so i prob cant answer questions. a 15 year old.
Joybearz- Dec 25, 2008 05:05AM
well, im sure you can buy the disks. also, if you got any friends with it ask em ifu can have itunes. lol. but i have had the same problem.
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
Im having the same problem!

can someone please help!
xpcman 10975Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ContributorStatus April 16, 2015Last seen - Nov 4, 2008 05:34PM
State exactly what your problem is.

You can't find itunes after it was downloaded or it will not download?
cnr909- Nov 4, 2008 06:41PM
sorry, i download the set-up file from Apple.com, once i run it, it then starts installing. After that it says itunes successfully installed on my computer. But there is no shortcut on my desktop, or icon in my start>programs.. its nowhere to be seen. Iv tried downloading Microsoft tweak and making sure the MyMusic folder is in the correct place. Iv also downloaded microsoft install clean up and made sure all itunes and quicktime was fully removed from my computer (as far as i could see), and reinstalled. But same thing. Any suggestions??

Thanks for reply!
cap cap xpcman - Apr 16, 2009 07:30AM
my computers has has i tunes and quick time for the longest went to use i tunes and thety both had automatically been removed why did this happen and they won,t download again can you help me
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
maybe it just failed to create the shortcuts

open C drive - Program Files - iTunes folder double click on iTunes (.exe)
if it opens then you can rijght click again and drag iTunes to the deskTop (create shortcut)
cnr909- Nov 5, 2008 07:53AM
no there's no itunes folder in program files.. its very strange. Says it installs successfully and then no trace! I think it installs too quickly too. I go through the usual options hitting next to install, and the loader shoots up within seconds.. something seems wrong..?!?!
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I'm having exactly teh same problem... I just got this new PC with Vista on it and downloaded Itunes 8. installed it and there is no trace of it anywhere. No shorcuts on the desktop or the programs list. No itunes folder in the Programs folder. It's not even on te list of programs under the control panel. Nothing! Nada! Zilch! ... It's as if it was never installed.

I don't want to plug my ipod in b/c I want to make sure nothing syncs incorrectly on my ipod - just in case it IS there somewhere. I don't want to loose any music, etc.

Apple is so frusterating!
top dog- Dec 24, 2008 01:51AM
apple is only frustrating on a p.c. lol try using the search thing that PC come with and type i tunes that should work if not u might need to reinstall windows xp or vesta if u want it to work but if u do back up all your stuff or u could down load a iso file of itunes and then burn it to a disk then install it from that disk any of those should work
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I am having the same problem with itunes, have downloaded it ten tomes but will not start , I had itunes but had to delete it, am using Vista
Lennon- Nov 17, 2008 03:15PM
Same here. It downloads....installs....and then nothing. No itunes to be found. Does ANYBODY know a solution???
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
What happend is i restarted my ipod by earasing everything, but now it wont show it on itunes and am unable to download my music. It wont show the name of the ipod or anything what can/should i do. Need help pronto please][;[];./
Sarah- Nov 22, 2008 09:58PM
Oh my gosh I did the exact same thing and that's what happened to me. Two hundred dollars down the drain!
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
What happend is, i restarted my ipod by earasing everything, but now it wont show it on itunes and am unable to download my music. It wont show the name of the ipod or anything what can/should i do. Need help pronto please][;[];./
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
I would try the Anapod Reinitializer (Link Below) it is a great tool that will allow you to format your ipod to a windows format, In my experience most ipods are mac formatted and thats where the troubles with windows begins. Anyways after you reformat it you can initialize it.

This tool works great when the pod can be seen in windows but not itunes. After you reinitialize the ipod it should show up in itunes.

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/reinit.php

Other things I've found that help you avoid problems:
-start up itunes before you connect your ipod
-never use the safe eject hardware to eject your ipod, always use itunes to eject
-wait until your ipod is fully disconnected before you unplug the cable

I hope this works for you let me know!
Han- Dec 25, 2008 06:56PM
I have an older itunes already on my computer and i got a new ipod nano for christmas. When i plug it in it tells me i need to have 8 ver. Everything appeared to be working untill the very end when it was done installing. :it said that the windows installer may not be installed correctly. I dont know what to do and i would like to have it fixed before this weekend. I have a pc.
nasco- Dec 29, 2008 08:05PM
Hi, I used your solution by using iPod Reintializer by reformatting and all....after doing that i found out that i still couldn't download any songs into my iPod and all tha songs that was in it got lost....what else can i do in order to retrieve all my songs back?
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
this happend to me as well what i did was look on google and downloaded a urler virsion of itunes and it works.
(still works with new ipods)
spelling :(
nel- Dec 22, 2008 09:44PM
what was the name of the earlier i tunes that you downloaded? Thats what Im trying to do but no name is coming up. I have a mac and its driving me crazy!! But at least now I know its not that. lol
fat carlos- Jun 27, 2009 08:28PM
what is the link to get itunes so that i can get itunes please help me out
xpcman 10975Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus April 16, 2015Last seen - Jun 27, 2009 08:30PM
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
I had exactly the same problem.. I google this many times..
but after all I reinstal my system and everything works fine now..

Answer
+0
moins plus
i am having sort of a similar problem but not exactly. i am using windows xp and i have an older version of itunes, but now need to upgrade to itune 8 b/c i just purchased an iphone. i am not what you would call computer savy. i simply know how to do what i need to do on it. when i got to the apple site and click to download itunes 8 (which i have numerous times) after a few seconds it bring me to a new page that states "thank you for downloading itunes 8" but the "run/save" window never appears for me?? any suggestions?
taz- Dec 12, 2008 01:12PM
In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, and deselect "turn on pop-up blocker". Even though you may have a pop-up blocker on your tool bar saying that it is allowing Apple pop-ups, the IE one may have been blocking them. This solved my problem after hours of trying everything else.
AJ- Dec 25, 2008 01:11PM
didn't work for me.
AJ- Dec 25, 2008 01:09PM
exact same problem. dad's too busy to help out too. :(
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
my problem was a corrupt download made with firefox, downloaded with IE7 and installer ran smoothly. I would try doing this it should work viseversa.
cegabq- Dec 19, 2008 10:36PM
@Tony - I too had been trying to download the itunes update with Firefox; after reading your suggestion, I switched over to IE7 as suggested by Tony & everything was great. Thanks Tony.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Yeah I am having the same troubles installing iTunes 8. It installs all the way, but then there's some error with Quicktime. Then a message pops up saying it's installed but with some errors. Then when I open iTunes its the same old veresion still there. Then another message comes up saying iTunes stopped working... once you close iTunes another message comes up saying iTunes won't work because it's an old version... But I can't install the new version because of Quicktime?? I need help!
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
hi im having trouble with my itunes8 i download it so it download completely so after that itunes setup shows up on my desktop so i click on it but it wont open up i dont know what to do ? any advice ,, and i download it many times and delete and download itunes8 again but same problem wont open up what do i do please help im begin :(
talon- Dec 8, 2008 11:36PM
im having the exact same problem
stevo- Mar 3, 2009 08:23PM
I keep trying to download itunes 8.0 and it keeps saying it has been blocked by my security zone policy?? how do i bypass this or whatever?
Add comment
Answer
moins plus
Hi, I just bought a new nano and i keep trying to get my itunes to even open but it comes up with "please install quicktime" so i do. THen it tells me to reboot so I do. and Itunes comes up with the same msg. So then i completely get rid of itunes then reinstall it and it continues with the same msg. I've done this numerous times and am getting really frustrated. On the apple website there is a tutorial video and it tells me "must have quicktime to see this video" and I have downloaded quicktime many times. On a seperate website, I was told to download quicktime WITHOUT itunes and it wouldn't allow me to saying i had a missing file or something. quicktime.mse or ise or something. I'm so confused!!!
ashleigh- Dec 25, 2008 12:34PM
The same exact thing happened to me. It would let me download iTunes and Quicktime, but halfway through the download it would tell me that my computer needed some sort of other program to install it. I looked on the Apple website and under requirements for Windows XP, it said you needed the Service Pack 3. So all I did was google (ha) Service Pack 3 for Windows XP and I downloaded it. This should work. If not, I'm really sorry.

Here's the link for the Service Pack 3: http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/windows-xp-service-pack-3.html
Team5G- Dec 26, 2008 05:46PM
look for and install mscuu2.exe from MS and uninstall ITunes. THen reinstall. Should work fine.
mae- Aug 16, 2009 08:08PM
i have a unit of iphone 3GS and i dont know how to download the itunes so how can i startart to installing the i tunes?
Add comment
Answer
moins plus
im having the same trouble my computer wont even finish the download ive been trying for six months im clueless.
Add comment
Answer
moins plus
y3a im having the same problem i dowload itunes8 and it wont open up so i dont know what to do ????? but try dowloading the itunes disk if your ipod came with one but try it ok
M4M4- Dec 10, 2008 11:52AM
ok, got it installed now to figure out how to use it :P
Team5G M4M4 - Dec 26, 2008 05:44PM
Here is the fix for Itunes Windows Installer Service error and VB Script error. Go to OCNexus.com and look for 64bit work around. Note "ITUNES 64bit WinInstaller Service" and download file and follow instructions
Diane- Dec 28, 2008 05:45AM
Thank you for the assistance!
Breezer Team5G - Dec 30, 2008 07:03AM
Team SG,
I recently bought a Classic. I'm travelling so I have my USB with my music from my Windows Xp on my USB. I did a sync with my USB and Ipod and on my brother's laptop it looks like all worked well. But when I open my Classic to look at my music it says there is no songs, music, etc. Really frustrating. Is this because I didn't sync with Itunes? or is it that my USB is purely WMA files which I haven't converted to Itunes? or what? Appreciate your help with this.
lisa- Apr 20, 2009 12:12AM
i have the same problem and been asked to Service Center, the only way to solve it is to restore your ipod through itunes.
Plug your ipod to PC "WITH" ITUNES on it, open itunes, and search restore option - connect to internet. and voila..you have erased all of your data.lol. But at least you can start it all over again. Hope you already have a back up music!!
lesson: never plug in your ipod through a non itunes pc.
Add comment
Answer
moins plus
I am having a problem downloading itunes on my windows vista 64 bit computer. I install the software no problem and i can even have it work for me when the intallation is complete because of the prompt they ask to run itunes after installation. But after i close my itunes and try to go to it again on my desktop or my hardrive it trys to intall the itunes again and tells me to restart my computer to finish installing. i have tried to dowload older versions but the itunes says it cannot read library beacause a newer version of i tunes created it. I want to delete my old library and start from scratch. does anyone have any suggestions or am i just screwed? i love itunes until today
Add comment
1 2 3 4 Next
This document entitled « Having trouble with installing iTunes » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.