Acer aspire one zg5 white screen

Solved/Closed
Tevy - Dec 23, 2009 at 04:05 PM
 Tevy - Jul 31, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Hello,

When I want to start my acer aspire one zg5, a white screen appears. How do I fix this?
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 24, 2009 at 03:20 AM
Dear Tevy,

Please check whether your Graphic card and motherboard

is not messing up.

Thanks in advance.
My Acer Aspire One has the same problem. Thought it was the OS, changed that, thought it was the BIOS (updated to the latest 3310 version) and still the problem is there. Now im beginning to think it might be a hardware problem and im opening up my machine tonight to see if I can fiddle around. Inn case you resolved your problem let me know how you did it
The problem was resolved without me doing anything at all. It's like one day the screen went totally white and the next day everything went back to normal. Even now, the problem never occured again and the notebook is running smoothly as usual. I know I can't be of much help to you and I'm sorry for that. Hope you can restore yours without any problems.
My computer tech found a solution for my Acer laptop. When the white screen comes up, simply hit the Fn (function) button, then F6 and then the Fn key once again. since he did that, it has never had a white screen again.
The problem was resolved a long time ago without me doing anything at all. It's like one day the screen went totally white and the next day everything went back to normal. Even now, the problem never occured again and the notebook is running smoothly as usual. But since this white screen problem happened when I was least expecting it, who knows if it'll happen again. If it does, I'm gonna do the same thing you did with your Acer laptop. So thanks for the advice; it's much appreciated.