Base System device, can't find the drivers

Closed
hldrofhs Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2009 - Dec 20, 2009 at 06:41 PM
 therapetandy - Aug 26, 2014 at 07:39 AM
Hello,
Hello,
I re-install windows XP in my InspironE1405 and 3 devices are without driver and shows like "Base System device" can't install drivers, I went to dell support but it doesn't show any driver under that name, I know this laptop has a Card reader and I can't use it because there's no driver, is there any place I can find this drivers???
Thanks
Related:

2 responses

gadow21 Posts 13 Registration date Wednesday April 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2010 3
Apr 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM
I had the exact same issue, and it drove me nuts trying to figure out which is the correct driver that I am missing. I finally found which one the "Base System Device" driver is, and what device it was pointing to.

To fix the issue, you need to go to Dells device & drivers website, and go to the Inspiron 1525 drivers site. Then, choose Windows XP, and once that site comes up, you need to choose Chipset, and download the Ricoh driver. There is only two of them listed, one is a Intel for your regular chipset, and then the Ricoh driver for you flash card driver. Here is the actual link to the correct driver you need to fix all three "Base System Device" bangs.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&releaseid=R166188&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1525&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=13405&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=27&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=224384

After you install this file, and reboot your machine, you should be good. If you have any questions, please dont hesistate to ask. By the way, I am a CompTIA A+ and Net+ Certified computer technician, so if you need help, I am the man to ask.
Thanks Gado,

I have solved this problem as you mentioned. Thanks
dead link and if Dell had a resolution I wouldn't be looking for one here.
Hi, the Operating system is Windows XP profesional. Regardless of the Dell Inspiron E1405 can't find drivers for "system base device"
Go to support.dell.com and navigate to the driver section for you computer. Under the chipset section there should be a driver labeled Ricoh R5C832, install this and the problem should be fixed.