IE* problems on WINDOWS 7

Solved/Closed
KSR - Dec 15, 2009 at 06:39 PM
 I - May 11, 2017 at 02:14 PM
Hello,

Ihad Vista Home premium 64 bit. Then I upgraded to windows 7 64 bit home premium. No problems.
Please note that my cable modem and router are working. 2 other PCs can connect to the internet without problem.

I started IE8 on the Win 7 PC. The message is "IE cannot display the web page". I ran the diagnostics.

The result is """" The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected

The device or resource (go.microsoft.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)".
Contact your network administrator Completed

The computer or device you are trying to reach is available, but it doesn’t support what you’re trying to do. This might be a configuration issue or a limitation of the device. """""

I have gone through the trouble shooting steps given by microsoft using ther 6 or 8 methods. Nothing. Google chrome and firefox will not work either.

here is something curious NETSCAPE 7.2 connects and I can surf up to a point. The limitations of Netscape do not let me enjoy the web completely.

Would a kind soul out there help me make IE8 or Google Chrome work.

Thanks a million

Kris
Related:

5 responses

i just found the answer. for some reason my proxy settings were on. I went to internet options under the tools tab. then connections, then LAN settings. my proxy settings were switched on. so I unchecked the proxy settings and that solved all my problems. ie and windows update now work fine.

i still like linux, but I like games as well, so im stuck with windows
Thanks a lot! This solved my problem as well. Would have never fixed it without your help. Thanks again.
Thanks it worked for me, too!