Sound/video problems on laptop

Solved/Closed
JohnsonD - Jan 29, 2008 at 06:32 AM
 ceen - Feb 16, 2009 at 02:10 AM
Hi everyone!

I got a cool new Prima 17" TV that I'm attempting to hook my laptop up to for movie-watching.

My laptop is an old IBM ThinkPad. I've got the S-Video to work from laptop-TV, but I can't seem to get the audio to come out of the TV.

I'm using a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable. The RCA is on the TV's "audio in", and the 3.5mm is in the laptop's headphone jack.

But… no sound. I've tried all the different input modes on the TV. Still not working…

Any help is much appreciated!
Related:

29 responses

jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Dec 8, 2008 at 01:44 AM
Hello naik,

There is a lot of IBM models.
I can't help u if u don't tell the name of ur computer. E.g. ThihkCentre M50e
i think that you should get tis program realteck hd audio manager and that will help you a lot
Johnson, please view my post (from TDigs) on Dec 31st.

TDigs
dear sire how are you
it is the best you are going to solve peoples problems dear sire i have a laptop sony PCG-FR33 MODEL I want to know ABOUT its VGA driver because it has unistall and i dont know about its vga driver please it is requested to tell me about its driver.
i shall very thanks full for this kindness
Muhammad farid tufan

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Jan 17, 2009 at 05:57 AM
Hi Tufan,

The "Audio" driver u need to re-install ur video card can be found on your Hard Disk Drive in the following folder: C:\Drivers or on your Recovery CD.
contact me at ceenfoundation6@gmail.com so that i can help u fix the problem.I know what is going on.
hOW CAN i TELL IF MY COMPUTER HAS A TELEVISION OUTPUT?
Hi dear,

MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP MODEL PCG-61L SOUND CARD CAN'T WORK.
PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME IF YOU HAVE AVAILABLE THE ABOVE MODEL

THANK YOU AGAIN

YARED
contact me at ceenfoundation6@gmail.com and your problem will be solved