I was using my acer aspire 5520 lap top last night on facebook and all of a sudden it shut down. and since then it attempts to start but cant. the fan doesnt even get to come on. i tried the f 12 and f 8 a few minutes ago and it started up. i plugged the charger in and it shut off again and cant get it back on again. what do i do i need help. it keeps trying to start up but cant. it just started up for a second i tried to put it on safe mode and it shut off again. please someone help. windows vista less than 2 years old
- Acer aspire 5520 wont start up
- Acer Aspire One ZG5 won't boot up (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- My acer laptop wont start up!!! (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- Drivers for Acer Aspire 5520 (Ethernet card) (Solved) » Forum - Drivers
- Acer Recovery Management - - free download » How-To - Software
- ACER Aspire One Power Problem (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
I am having the same issue, figured it was an overheating issue, so I took out the fan and it was plugged solid. Cleaned it all out but it still wouldn't even get to POST. I then was feeling the heat sink on the video chip and while pressing on it, the laptop started and booted up until I released the pressure on the chip. I bought some thermal paste and redid that chip and found that it actuall wasn't the problem. Tracked it over to the fan connection on the MB. If I hold down that connector, it starts up but as soon as I release it, the laptop shuts off. I am waiting for a local PC store to open to either purchase a new fan or get the conector re-crimped. Will try to let you know my results, hopefully this is it, otherwise its my MB and thats not worth replacing.