Windows xp cant recognize some usb devices

Closed
Herbie - Dec 7, 2009 at 02:18 AM
 Herbie - Dec 7, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Hello,

I am Herbie and having very big problem and dont know how to solve it i hope there will be someone who can :)

When i plug in memmory stick everything is allright i can use it no problem. But some of them for example my i-pod and Hard Drive cant be recognized when i plug the usb cableinto my pc absolutely nothing happens. anywhere in the system i cant find them it seems like i didnt even put the cable in. but everything is ok with that because i tried it on another pc and it works perfectly. my usb slots works perfcetle aswell because i using my internet through usb slot. i tried lots of things but nothing helps. im using Windows XP Service Pack 2. i think meybe some kind of security or something there is or anything like that. Please help me someone.
Related:

2 responses

well it does work on other pc/laptop and i tried both cables but still doesnt work there something wrong in the system not like an outside :) because im telling you that some work some doesnt for example i-pod and my HD i would be really helpfull. meybe you know whats wrong but its definetly something with a system or meybe some security... just trying to guess :D
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Dec 7, 2009 at 08:30 AM
hi there,

have you tried same device on another pc?

what is the reaction?

and if changed the usb cable what is result obtained?

please give more information

Thanks