How can i download adobe flash player for ps3

Solved/Closed
jonh - Dec 4, 2009 at 11:09 AM
 Cole - Apr 20, 2013 at 08:32 PM
Hello,
Related:

1 response

Before being mislead on how to install "Adobe Flash Player" on your Sony PS3, you must first consider the processor specifications, and how that relates to Adobe.

The Sony CPU is a one 2-way SMT PowerPC core (PPE) , 64 bit . Now what does this mean to you ? Well it means that you can not, repeat can not correctly get adobe flashplayer to work on your PS3.

Adobe does not, repeat does not support nor make a flash player that will work on PowerPC core technology.

Yes adobe now has 64 bit flashplayer, and yes that will work on Linux, but what it will not do is work on Linux running on PPE technology. For example, let's say you install Linux on your personal dell computer which might be the AMD Phenom X4 processor....in that scenario you can get adobe 64 bit flash player to work.

Just thought I'd save everyone some serious time.
well to be honest if I would have known that I couldnt download a flash player on the ps3 I would have never got it I thought it would be great for my kids thinking they could use it for games and interant to and I could have my computer back
boy wasn't I wrong
Thank you for your positive advice:-) I just bought a Sony PS3 and I was a bit surprised the that PS3 platform doesn't support Adobe Flash player 10.0. But it does show a GREAT picture when watching cartoons on Blu Ray from Disney. Again, Thanks good buddy:-)!!
thanks u just saved hours of time would have spent trying to find one that was compatible with the system
nick.superdad99
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM
so will it upgrade or what?
Maybe I guess if a new update comes out for a PS3 channel (e.g. bbc 3)