Stuck in power safe mode, windows 7 dell

Closed
DANger - Nov 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM
 don - Jul 15, 2010 at 08:34 AM
Hello,

i have a dell inspiron 546 MT with a dell St2010 Mponitor,
it is stuck in power safe mode and I can't get it off, when ever I try to start the monitor it turns itself back off,

the last thing I did was replaceing the PCI card to get wireless into my desktop.

other wise I looked around and try to take the mother board battery out, and take the cords out but I haven't tried to replug the video card.

i've just recenlty purchase it to so maybe the best route is to replace it?

but it's not the monitor because I tried it on another computor and it works fine.
Related:

4 responses

throw your pc into thrash and sleep when you woke up everything will be fine
i've tried that also but, the lights keeps staying in amber color and won't go green,
I just went through the same problem. My problem was caused by my Microsoft USB Mouse. If I unplug it, Sleep mode will work fine. With the MS Mouse plugged in, I can go into sleep mode but no way can I take it out of sleep mode without rebooting. I think I read somewhere that Microsoft knows of the problem.I finally just made sure it will NEVER go into sleep mode. Try a fresh reboot without your
mouse plugged in, go to sleep mode and then bring it back.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 30, 2009 at 03:40 PM
I would remove the wireless card. That is the most likely cause of the problem.

Good Luck