Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Samsung impression touch screen doesn't work [Solved/Closed]

b dot - Latest answer on Dec 8, 2012 08:39AM
Hello,
My impression's touch is not working. When i touch it nothing happens. What can i do to get my numbers out?
Read more 
Answer
+96
moins plus
mine had the same problem so i re calibrated it to see if it would stop. After I calibrated it, it worked just fine for a few minutes but then it started getting all jacked up again. I figured it i calibrated it every day it would work so thats what i did. After a while the phone was so messed up i can no longer go to the menu and i can't get to calibration(which was the problem in the first place) and i would have to touch the screen about an inch below the thing i really wanted to touch for it to work. The calls were messed up too. I would have to recall a person about 6 times for it to finally even ring. If somebody called me i could just barely hear their voice but they couldn't hear mine. Then the screen started turning into static all the time and now it has a bluish tint that wont go away and the screen wont work at all no matter where i touch it. The phone randomly shuts down and just plain don't work no more. I've only had it for about 6 months.

JDraco- Dec 14, 2009 01:00PM
i think it might because it got wet... because i have had mine for about 4 months and it is doing me the same exact thing... it all started after it got wet for like the third time.
beep.- Mar 28, 2010 02:55PM
that happened to me! i dropped it in snow though...after i dropped it it worked fine for about ten minutes and then the touch screen completly stopped working and then it would turn blue when i oppened and closed it...and then it just went black and wouldn't work at all.
Nicki- Apr 2, 2010 02:57PM
You just have to recalibrate like everyday or a week because if you don't you WILL continue to have the same problems with every samsung impression.
Answer
+62
moins plus
my touch screen recently stopped working. I could go to the side menu but I could not go to the regular menu, my contacts, or press the dial key. All I had to do is turn the phone upside down and drag my finger across the button. I guess what had happened is I used it so much the sensor got pushed down in the black part where it says SAMSUNG.
all and all this is a great phone.

Answer
+37
moins plus
I have the answer!!! My Samsung Impression had the same problem! All you do is get your vaccuum the handheld part and just go thru the edges as it cleans out all dirt and water particles that may exist. It only takes about a minute. After you clean the screen and the back of the phone without taking out the battery the calibration should work again! It worked for me!!!

Answer
+29
moins plus
You must open your phone!!!! take out the screws!!! there is a cable that is not connected!!!!

Cripnchill- May 19, 2010 06:28PM
i think that i should put a video on youtube showing how to do
Michel K.- Oct 11, 2012 01:25AM
This may work. Thank you. I am going to try this.
Answer
+16
moins plus
how can i calibrate it by the way?
a reply would help a lot :(

jrhea- May 18, 2010 09:03PM
go to settings and phone and it shud say calibration
Answer
+15
moins plus
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! but i haven't gotten it wet! I text a lot though. And it won't let me even go to the menu to fix the calibration but when i push the message button on the key board the screen is still messed up but it's more responsive to my touch. It literally did this over night! and i have to turn it off and on for texting sometimes because it will stop sending message.

Answer
+14
moins plus
I figured out that if I put my phone in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or longer the screen begins to work a little better.

I've left it in there for about 3 hours once and it worked better for about an hour. but it's not significantly better. I'm getting a replacement under my warranty.

Michel K.- Oct 11, 2012 01:25AM
No. Its the worst solution. I would suggest every one not to try this one.
Answer
+12
moins plus
Yes I had the same problem with this phone; i could open any more apps and i could only open stuff about an inch below.. but by this point its impossible to re calibrate. the best thing to do when the phone starts acting up like this is to call your cell phone provider and exchange it.. that is if the one year warranty has not expired. rememer every phone has one year factory warranty that will exchange it without no charge. this will not go through your insurance since its the cell problem. Good luck.

Answer
+12
moins plus
well obviously from all of these comments that basicaly say the same thing, you would think that they should have to fix this problem. My impression stopped working yesterday around 7ish. i have dropped it a few times but not from a very high distance. The screen is black and wont turn on. I know the phones on tho b/c the keyboard is blue? yesterday the screen was on but it was almost as if it was frozen and it wouldnt let me click on anything. This is very frustrating and i almost threw it about 10 times. I dont wanna loose all of my contacts and all my pics. Pleeze help. and any suggestions about a new phone?? im sick of this impression. at&t people..im NOT impressed!! btw i've had the phone for about 10 mnts.

Band Nerd- May 18, 2010 09:05PM
ive had mine since last october and now i cant send a damn txt msg! this is really bad and the insurance doesnt even cover it! DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!
Answer
+12
moins plus
So after reading about tons of ways to fix my touchscreen that just randomly stopped working I decided to just try and take out all the screws in my phone and mess with the inside but I didn't have a screw driver the right size so I just tried to pull the phone apart cause I was to the point that I didn't care if it broke cause it wasnt working already. I ended up sticking a beer bottle opener between the screen and the back of the screen part of the phone and it works just fine. For now at least. So if you plan to get a new phone but just want to get all your stuff off this phone I recommend this. It worked for me on 2 different impressions.

Answer
+10
moins plus
I have the same problem with the Samsung D980. Three days ago my touchscreen starts to freeze. I tried everything and a temporary solution is to shut down the telephone and remove the battery for half an hour. Then it works again, but after a while the touchscreen freezes again.
Although my touchscreen sometimes got some waterdrops on it, it don't think this caused tte problem. I think this is a software problem. When you disconnect the battery for half an hour untill an hour, the mobile phone maybe get a kind of a reset, because afterwards it works fine for some short time and then the touchscreens halters after receiving a phone call or pressing a lot of times on the screen.
This suggests a softwareproblem, which could be solved by new firmware, but I can't find it on the internet. Somebody any idea?
Thanks, Eric

Answer
+8
moins plus
Dear Sir,

This should actually be a hardware problem and hence

I will be advising you to get the phone for repair.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
+8
moins plus
Hey , the same thing happened to me !! it's because you wetted the screen !
i put it under the sun directly for an hour ! and now its working , 3 days now with no Errors
Try to do it !

peace!!- Mar 16, 2010 04:54PM
O OK!!!!!!!!my lil sis got ahold of mine and played with it in the bath!!!!!!!!maybe if i keep waiting the touch screen will work???!!!!!its been a day
llllll- Apr 11, 2010 12:38PM
put it in the fridge.
chery- May 3, 2010 03:40PM
mine has not been wet or any other damage but i am having serious problems! shutting off, low ringing, others can't hear me, screen not responding at all or either something im not trying to pull up ... samsung really needs to address this and fix. i dnt want another impression because quite frankly i am NOT impressed
pei xuan- May 11, 2010 06:30AM
hey hi.....im so sad new because my samsung touch screen does not work at all...i cant even on it so i tried to take off the battery and insert again ,carelessly my hand was wet and now i cant on it at all:( what shall i do?? does leaving the phone under the sun really help....would the water have fused any of the things inside the phone??
Jrhea- May 18, 2010 09:00PM
leaving it in the sun really does help. u just have to leave it there for lik a day. my lil bro threw my older bro's in a pool and now it works great!
Answer
+8
moins plus
im haaving the same problem.. the only way mine is working is when i open it up.. um to get ur numbers out.. they should be on ur sims card

Answer
+7
moins plus
sorry man.......mine has the same damn problem. :-(

Answer
+7
moins plus
yeah the same thing has happened to me twice ughhh im so pissed like the keyboard is working just fine but i cant even type in my lock code cause the screen isnt f'n responding what i did last time was just took it back to damn radio shack and got a new one.

Answer
+0
moins plus
It sounds a little bit funny, but the trick with the fridge works!!!

Michel K.- Oct 11, 2012 01:22AM
No. Its the worst solution. I would suggest every one not to try this one.
Answer
+0
moins plus
Mine had the same problem, I read some of the comments so I decided to blowdry it with a hairdryer and it worked. So I suggest that.

This document entitled « samsung impression touch screen doesn't work » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.