Change my background?

Solved/Closed
Jessalyn2794 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday November 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 - Nov 29, 2009 at 05:16 PM
 j363j - Jun 1, 2010 at 05:59 AM
hey:(usually I would say hey with a ':)' instead of a ':(' but I am deeply upset.
On Thanksgiving I got a new laptop, I was super excited! It is a purplish pink Acer aspireone intel laptop.
It has Windows 7 Starter.
I love this laptop,
But I have 1 problem....
My problem is that this laptop will not let me change my desktop background... gr!
I've tried everything!! I went to control panel and typed in desktop background, but it found no results.
I went to a pic in my saved files and right clicked saying Set as Desktop Background, still nothing. The little box popped up saying, "are you sure you want to replace current background?" I click yes, and still, nothing. I downloaded a gadget background and still NOTHING.
any idea how to fix this? Because I am completely freaking exasperated on how to change it.
I NEED HELP!!!

23 responses

acer C:/Windows/Web/Wallpaper
Goto Run. Type regedit and then Enter.
Go to the following link -
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop

Change the value from 1 to 0.
Restart the machine.

And now you ll be able to change your wallpaper!
try to download stardock mycolors....
this is a free download and it is a non invasive program so it does not interfere with the os ...
I got a new hpmini 110 loaded but it also has win7 starter I love it but hated that I could not change my wallpaper til LASTNITE.... then YAHOO I stumbled across this and LOVE IT
thank yo so much, I have the acer aspire one and for months I could not figure it out, this program saved my hatred for my computer thak you
Jessalyn2794 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday November 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009
Nov 29, 2009 at 05:23 PM
also, I right clicked on the desktop and went to click on Properties like others have suggested but there is no Properties tab. Theres a Graphics Properties tab but it doesnt have anything to do with the background.
Hi could you please email me the link as well? thank you so much, it's aabergel@gmail.com
yeah, I have the same issue..
but I cant figure out which link to download from the page...
could u send me it plz? :)
Email Id removed for security
Shayne > pleasehelpme
Jan 18, 2010 at 09:50 AM
Hello, I have a hp mini and Im having trouble changing my background, if you have the link can you please email it to me please, thank you
Banana > Shayne
Jan 18, 2010 at 09:41 PM
I to have the same problem and I don't know what to do because I have this awesome picture of me and my friends at the beach and I want to make it my background but do not know how did you find out?
superduperdinoninja
Mar 7, 2010 at 01:59 PM
plz send me the link at Email Id removed for security

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
yuk girl kk got it going on......thanks, made my daughter happy!!
I Thought I Was Alone In This.!
I Hate It.!
Windows 7 starter edition is Very...Very limited, you have to pay 80$ to get it installed so yu can changeur backgrounds,
this is the stupidest shit I have ever seen cant change a friggin background on a netbook if I knew that I wouldnt have bought the damn thing
im having the same problem :(
same problem here and no solution, im thinking it has somthing to do with windows 7 starter and has to be upgraded or something??? who knows??
same problem here too
same here tryed everything I can think of still nothing....
same!! a girl I know kerry's dad is a computer programer and she said there's probably a lock of some kind on it but I think that you just can't change the background. :(
me 2!!!! so damn stupid!
So... what you guys are saying is that the background is unchangeable... UGH!
there are 3rd party software you can find here in the cyberspace. True, they (Microsoft) locked the img0.jpg (wallpaper file) so that it cannot be change...thats one of the limitation of Windows 7 Starter.
nnufarhan992gmail.com
Apr 21, 2010 at 04:15 PM
how to change my computer drive background?
girl who knows the answers
Apr 25, 2010 at 06:25 PM
ok there is no way to change your background sorry to burst your buble but its true we cant let u cange your background sad I know